Sr. Manufacturing Manager – Palo Alto, CA
We are SCITON—Our culture and company strength stems from our diverse collection of talented and motivated employees. One word that best describes Sciton is ‘family’ because we treat each member of our team like family.
We give our employees the support, recognition, and room to grow their careers on our campus. We empower them to develop their creative genius. In fact, we incentivize their innovation. We look for lifelong learners, problem solvers, and individuals who excel in a challenging, team-oriented environment. We hire individuals who want to retire with us. How do you feel about that?
Sciton is seeking an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Manager. This role reports to the Director of Manufacturing and Purchasing.
- Substantial modern manufacturing experience in the Opto-electronic space.
- Extensive Manufacturing & Purchasing operations experience.
- Professional who understands people and analytics. Proven leader of large groups.
- Operational experience and knowledge of modern ERP’s. Slight preference for Infor.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects that are large in scope, organized, proactive, and good at motivating and managing teams.
- Attention to detail is critical, as you must maintain an accurate inventory of items produced, as well as ensure compliance with company and industry standards and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge about laser production—from systems and techniques to safety and compliance standards preferably in an FDA regulated environment.
- Must be comfortable making crucial decisions in high-pressure situations, choosing the next course of action through critical thinking and holistic analysis.
- Excellent communication is required as you will work closely with other departments and leaders, sharing information about future production changes and ensuring a cohesive shipping process.
- 10 plus years solid experience in Manufacturing and Purchasing plus ERP implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Science, Logistics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Business Management, or related field.
- Infor ERP experience, PMP & APICS Certifications preferred, but not required.
What you will do:
- Create new initiatives that boost product quality, reduce waste, and increase profit, meet and exceed production goals.
- Develop effective strategies to increase production efficiency and output and create a better workflow that uses Sciton resources more effectively.
- Oversee all aspects of the production process and recommend changes as needed.
- Collaborate closely with engineers in the product development phase.
- Coach/mentor employees; provide training for risk mitigation, safety protocols, usage of new equipment, and industry best practices.
- Observe competitors' techniques to improve our offerings.
- Drive the success of our Manufacturing ERP implementation project.
If interested and qualified, please send resume to email@example.com.
Sciton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.