The Porter is responsible for maintaining the quality cleaning standards set by Maximus Real Estate Partners, Ltd.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings.
- Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor/General Manager and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist in the cleaning of available apartments and or models.
- Assist in the troubleshoot/repair of mechanical, carpentry and electrical problems.
- Meticulously maintain curb appeal.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in housekeeping/janitorial.
- Use of hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions.
- Valid drivers' license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
- Inside and outside work in all types of weather.
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.