Grassroots Ecology is a nonprofit that engages and educates the community to restore ecosystems throughout Silicon Valley. We are seeking a Development Director to manage our individual fundraising, corporate and foundation grantmaking programs as well as guide our communications and marketing strategy.
● Work with Executive Director, Development Associate, and Board to secure funds to support Grassroots Ecology’s habitat restoration and education programs
● Refine, expand and implement existing individual donor strategy, including major donors
● Oversee donor acknowledgement, mailings, database tracking and campaigns
● Oversee corporate giving program
● Manage and help write foundation grant proposals
● Support foundation reporting and stewardship
● Work with Development Associate to develop communication strategy
● Coordinate with Development Associate regarding creation of content for various communications channels, including weekly volunteer announcements, monthly newsletters, website, and social media
● Help develop organizational marketing program
● Develop and manage fundraising events
● Supervise Development Associate
● 4+ years experience in fundraising, major gifts, grant writing, or other related field
● Knowledgeable about donor-centric major giving programs
● Comfortable making financial requests of donors
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills with funders, volunteers, partners, and other team members
● Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
● Good attention to detail
● Comfortable with a flexible work environment
● Valid CA driver's license with clean driving record
This position is anticipated to be part-time (50-75%) and can expand depending on applicant’s desires and skills. Benefits include medical/dental, 403(b) plan with matching, generous vacation hours, and an annual professional development stipend. Telecommuting for part of the work week is optional. Salary range is $40-45/hr depending on experience.
Please send resume and cover letter as a PDF attachment to email@example.com Closing date is January 31, 2020. No phone calls please.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.