THE ROLE: We are currently seeking a reliable Dispatcher who will serve as the first point of contact and communication for our field technicians. At Caccia Plumbing, our Dispatcher consistently delivers an incredible educational, immersive, and exciting experience to all of our current and future customers. The Dispatcher will be responsible for pairing technicians with the best opportunities, transmitting messages to customers, and tracking opportunities. The ideal candidate will be able to remain calm during stressful situations and have excellent communication skills.
The ability to multi-task is essential and you must be willing and able to take appropriate action with little supervision. The primary role for this position is to serve as a communication conduit between our plumbers and customers. It is important that all the information collected and communicated is accurate and timely.
Dispatcher Duties and Responsibilities
- Decisiveness, willingness to address problems and make requests by communicating with the necessary parties or providing solutions.
- Non-emergency work, sending parts request to parts manager, rescheduling jobs.
- Solid multitasking skills and ability to prioritize calls according to urgency.
- Familiarity with necessary equipment, including phone, and computer, to dispatch personnel, vehicles, or field units to appropriate locations.
- Follow through to watch progress and assure timely assistance by monitoring the route and status of field staff.
- Knowledgeable at all times, providing field units with vital information about orders, traffic, obstacles, and requirements.
- Advanced data entry skills needed to use computer system to maintain logs and records of calls.
Dispatcher Requirements and Qualifications
- Successful work experience in a fast paced environment.
- Familiar with necessary technology.
- Rapid and accurate typing with experience in data entry.
- Fluent in English (oral and written), other languages a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Intentional, active listener with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong character, sound judgement, a level head, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work under pressure.
WHO WE ARE: Caccia Plumbing, Inc. is the #1 plumbing company located in the heart of San Mateo County. We keep on growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it. We are a team that trusts each other, bonded by mutual respect, empowered to take ownership, and living a healthy work life balance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Ranked #1 nationally for employee engagement
- Our top performers are among the highest paid in the industry
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Short term disability and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - For health and dependent care
- Paid vacation & sick leave - Paid holidays
- Company funded 401K plan and other retirement contributions
- Uniforms provided and laundered
- Numerous training opportunities
Location: San Mateo, CA
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.