We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant in our Revenue Recognition and External Reporting team. This position is an individual contributor and reports to Sr. Manager, Revenue Recognition.
What you’ll be doing:
• Support MobileIron’s compliance with revenue standard, ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers, and various other related accounting guidance.
• Participate in contract negotiation, identify non-standard terms and conditions, recommend alternative deal structures and determine revenue recognition conclusions in accordance with ASC 606
• Support sales cycles in collaboration with Sales, Legal, Order Admin and Deal Desk team to ensure sales orders are properly quoted, presented, transacted, processed, accounted and reported
• Perform contract reviews to assess revenue recognition impacts
• Establish and update standalone selling price for all MobileIron products and services
• Maintain compliance in all key controls in the Quote to Cash control cycle
• Support revenue and contra-revenue forecasting
• Author and update whitepaper and Revenue accounting memos
• Support business partner trainings to ensure consistency with Revenue Recognition policy and practices.
• Support monthly accounting close, revenue accounting audit and various quarterly analysis including financial disclosure, fair value and flux analyses
• Review external publications to ensure press releases, roadmap information and product release communications adhere to Revenue Recognition policy
• Work closely with cross functional departments including Sales, FP&A, Order Admin, Deal Desk, Legal, and Product Management teams
Who you are:
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• A system-savvy person. Advanced in Excel (including formula, pivots, VLOOKUPs, charts) and Microsoft Office
• Experience with revenue automation and financial tools (including Zuora RevPro, NetSuite and Salesforce and Domo)
• Prior experience in Accounting with a focus on software revenue recognition and technical accounting, particularly in ASC 606
What you’ve done:
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in public accounting or relevant accounting, finance or revenue recognition experience
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.