Under general direction, plans, schedules, assigns, and reviews the work of support staff assigned to rental assistance and affordable housing programs within the Housing Department of the Santa Clara County Housing Authority (Agency), including case management, eligibility determination, and other technical and program support functions; ensures effective program administration and technical compliance with all applicable Federal, State, local, Agency, and program regulations, policies, procedures, and requirements; fosters cooperative working relationships among Agency departments and acts as a liaison with various community, public, and regulatory agencies; and performs related work as required.
This is the full supervisory-level class in the housing programs series. Incumbents are responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of assigned staff. Performance of the work requires the use of considerable independence, initiative, and discretion within established guidelines. Responsibilities include performing diverse, specialized, and complex work involving significant accountability and decision-making responsibility, involving frequent contact with the public. This class is distinguished from the Housing Programs Manager in that the latter has overall responsibility and oversight of all housing programs and services.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of assigned staff; selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned staff, mentors and provides feedback to correct deficiencies, engages in succession planning and leadership development and implements discipline and termination procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, standards, policies and procedures; develops and implements internal mechanisms for the continuing review of programs administered by the Team; recommends improvements and modifications and prepares various reports on program activities and projects.
- Assists in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards, and administrative control systems for an assigned rental assistance and affordable housing program or functional area, such as Section 8 Program eligibility, leasing, occupancy, and/or rental increases.
- Determines and recommends staffing needs for assigned program activities and projects; maintains a variety of records and prepares routine reports of work performance.
- Responds to escalated client, resident, and/or landlord questions, concerns, complaints, and issues; explains program requirements, operations, and procedures.
- Assists with the testing and implementation of housing software systems and applications that are used for processing program transactions, and other systems such as owner’s portal, tenant’s portals, and waitlist applications.
- Supervises program eligibility and annual recertification processes and other case management functions; reviews work and conducts periodic quality control audits to ensure eligibility determinations and rent subsidy calculations are performed accurately and in compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.