This position supports the work of Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley and our mission of repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives.
- Respond to incoming visitors, phone calls, emails, and letters.
- Support the client application process: input all applications into database and conduct client review and screening processes, including telephone screenings, and ensuring timely collection of qualification documentation.
- Refer clients, as appropriate, to other services in the community.
- Maintain applicant and volunteer database and coordinate information data entry.
- Assist with processing vendor signoffs and checks.
- Assist with processing assessments and environmental reviews
- Inventory and order office supplies and manage office equipment maintenance.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and program staff.
- Support Board of Director relations, meetings, activities, and events.
- Support fundraising and volunteer appreciation activities.
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of office space, to include kitchen and mezzanine.
- In coordination with program staff, support client and community facility outreach to partner organizations and community at large to secure client and facility applications-as needed.
- Provide IT support as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Commitment to serve low-income homeowners and communities.
- Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum of supervision and able to complete projects from start to finish.
- Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style. Professional phone manner with concise verbal skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and maintain professional decorum under stress.
- Ability to work with a diversity of people from various ethnic, socio-economic, and living environments. Willingness to work as a team with clients, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team orientated, small office environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support.
- Strong writing and computer literacy with PC based MS Office programs. Familiarity with standard office equipment.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese preferred.
- Minimum two years of customer service, social services, executive assistant, or related work experience.
- Education: College degree or commensurate experience.
Full Time, non-exempt 40 hours a week with occasional evening and weekends to support program activities. Reports to Operations Manager. Remote work is a possibility during the pandemic, but some in-office work would be required.
Anticipated starting salary is $20.00/hour to $23.00/hour depending on experience. Benefits package includes: pro-rated medical, vision & dental insurance and PTO (Paid time off) leave. Dependent coverage may be elected at the employee’s own expense. In addition to PTO accrual, Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley recognizes 10 paid holidays.
RTSV provides equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.
To apply, email your cover letter (word or PDF document) summarizing your fit with qualifications, and experience along with a current resume to email@example.com. Position is open until a qualified candidate is hired.
Position is open until a qualified candidate is hired.