Assist in the implementation of the program including collaborating with lead team. Assist in the provision of support services to older adults. Will provide direct services, including community education and training on app usage for the older adult population.
Partial description of position
- Ability to work with diverse cultural populations.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Background experience with older adults, isolation, behavioral health.
- Experience in training, referral, or case management
- Lived experience with mental health and/or drug or alcohol challenges as a client or family member
- High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Bilingual preferred in English/Spanish, English/Mandarin or English/Cantonese
- Ability to translate from English to Spanish or Chinese preferred
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide community, group, and individual level outreach and engagement activities to connect participant/end user with the new technology application services
- Offer group and 1:1 user instructions for technology applications
- Attend community gatherings, planned outreach events and other relevant spaces to promote the use of technology application(s)
- Understand all uses of technology app and be able to identify and help problem solve with users as they experience any issues”
- Gather end-user input and feedback on ease of use, content relevance, and personal benefit of the technology application(s)
- Assist participants in completing demographic forms and then distributing gift card.
- Recruit app users to be volunteers to promote apps, help table at events, etc.
- Ability to provide services off site in San Mateo County as well as at Family Service facilities.
- Attend and work possible evening or weekend events for the program once in a while
- Must utilize personal smartphone to demonstrate phone applications.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and assist with “Appy Hour” demonstration set-up.
- Local travel will be required. Utilize personal car and have driver’s license and appropriate insurance. All drivers will need to have a clear driving record to drive for the agency.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.