Are you looking for a part-time job offering flexible hours and working with a fun team that values caring and compassion for our clients? Do you like driving, being organized, and doing light handy-person work?
We are seeking an organized, friendly, and energetic person to provide key logistical support to our Move Managers and Staging Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load truck or van with packing/moving supplies and deliver to/from job sites, including clients’ homes and retirement communities
- Load household items for donation and deliver to various charities
- Load/unload smaller home-staging furniture and décor, and assist with placement
- Organize and maintain packing/moving supplies and home-staging furniture in company warehouse located in Santa Clara, CA
- Receive occasional deliveries at our warehouse
- Assemble and make minor repairs to furniture
- Do light handy-person work
- Other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Comfortable driving a 14’ panel van (box truck) and minivan
- Lift 50+ pounds and be able to climb stairs
- Experience and competency using hand tools and doing light handy-person work
- Pass background check
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and attention to detail
- Use email, phone, text messaging, and GPS/mapping apps
- Work independently and with teams
HOURS and OTHER KEY ELEMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Part-time, flexible hours during weekdays (Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- No regular schedule, but should be available to work in blocks of 2-4 hours on at least 2-3 days per week; minimum availability of 10 hours per week (on average) with possibility of 15-20 hours per week
- Set your availability on our team calendar, and respond to project manager and company needs
- Hours are dependent on project / client load, which changes from week to week; therefore, hours are not guaranteed
- Medical benefits are not provided
This position is well-suited to someone who:
- Seeks part-time, flexible work
- Enjoys being organized, using tools, and keeping supplies and workspaces tidy
- Is energetic and enjoys pitching in wherever needed to get the work done
- Is comfortable working on their feet and enjoys physical work
- Is responsive and demonstrates respect and caring to co-workers and clients
- Likes working independently as well as in teams
PAY: $22 per hour
ABOUT MANAGING MOVES & MORE:
Since 2009 we have been helping clients with their transitions and relocations, specializing in the senior marketplace. We are fully accredited and trusted experts in move management, downsizing & decluttering, home clear-outs and home staging. Our warehouse is located in Santa Clara and we work with clients throughout Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. We also work in the East Bay and San Francisco.
Email a PDF of your resume and/or a letter summarizing your experience and why you are a good fit.
For more information on our company and industry, visit:
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: To keep staff and clients safe, we have COVID-19 policies and procedures in place.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.