EH&S Consultant assists clients with hazardous materials and hazardous waste management as well as environmental and workplace safety compliance.
- Providing broad-based EH&S consulting services related to workplace safety, hazardous waste and hazardous materials management.
- Maintaining work activities and client relationships, developing new opportunities.
- Conducting inspections and audits of client facilities to identify safety, health or environmental issues and recommending appropriate corrective or preventive actions.
- Developing and providing employee training for safety and environmental topics.
- Preparing permits or regulatory documents and assisting with regulatory agency inspections
- Availability to work weekends and extended hours as needed
Skills and Experience
- 1 -2 years’ experience with environmental and/or safety compliance
- Experience in hazardous materials, environmental or workplace safety consulting
- Service oriented and ability to work independently
- Strong focus on safety culture
- BA/BS degree in environmental or safety related field preferred. Equivalent education/experience considered
- CSP/CIH/CHMM certifications are a plus, but we can also help you get there!
- ACTenviro is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties of someone in this position would perform. All employees of ACTenviro are expected to perform tasks assigned by ACTenviro management/supervisory personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties
ACTenviro is a nationally recognized, employee-owned company involved in all facets of hazardous waste management. As a single-source provider of hazardous and biological waste management, recycling, disposal, treatment, health and safety, and compliance services, ACT is at the forefront of the renewable energy revolution.
ACTenviro is a Forward-Thinking, Professional Organization with Family Values and Customer Commitment.
Please visit www.actenviro.com to learn more about ACT.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.