AbilityPath is hiring Inclusion Preschool Teachers for our inclusive preschool in Burlingame!
The Inclusion Teacher provides guidance and mentorship in educating children in an inclusive and/or special day class environment with an emphasis on cognition, behavior, social-emotional development, and kindergarten readiness. The Inclusion Teacher adapts the preschool curriculum to best support children with a variety of special needs, and collaborates with the preschool teaching team, co-Inclusion Teachers and families.
WHAT WE OFFER
At AbilityPath we support a healthy and balanced life, these benefits include:
Our Organization provides a well-rounded career experience, employee recognition and BONUSES!!
WHAT WE VALUE
ABOUT THE ROLE:
• Supervise day-to-day operations of inclusive preschool classroom and ensure overall health/safety of the program (including allergy awareness and other dietary restrictions) and adherence to licensing standards
• Responsible for ongoing development, evaluation and oversight of the child-centered, play-based curriculum for children with special needs
• Lead staff in the supervision and guidance of children with special needs, ages 2 to 5 years old, planning and implementation of classroom activities
• Assist Preschool Site Director and Education Coordinator with coordinating IEP and private pay service process to include development of appropriate goals and objectives for all children with special needs within the program
• Partner with family and school district to development education goals and implement each child’s IEP
• Conduct DRDP and ECERs reports and documentation for all assigned children in teacher’s group. Work with team to assist with evidence collection
• Responsible for following all Title 22 regulations in the classroom
• Comply with children’s rights, Gatepath and program policies, CARF standards, NPS compliance, CCL regulations, CAL-OSHA, quality assurance standards, etc.
• Must act as a Mandated Reporter, and responsible to report any known or suspected adult/child abuse
• Must comply with applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws
Other duties as assigned.
All employees are providing with training staff in new procedures with the intent of protecting the health and safety of our staff and the people we serve. Parts of the plan we are developing include:
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and ability is qualifying, unless otherwise specified.
• Master’s in Special Education w/ emphasis in Early Childhood Development or equivalent
• California Special Education Teacher Credential preferred
• Minimum three years of experience working w/ children ages 3-5 in an inclusive environment
• Valid California Driver’s License/ID
• Proof of negative TB test results
• Verification of good physical health by physician
• Ability to obtain criminal fingerprint clearance
• At least 18 years of age
• Ability to physically respond to children with special needs
• Ability to lift at least 25 lbs. as needed
• Ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend frequently
• Ability to sit and keyboard as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
AbilityPath is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry (including language-use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license), citizenship, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, military or veteran status, or other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. AbilityPath will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination against, harassment of, or disrespectful or unprofessional conduct toward an employee based upon any of the protected characteristics listed above or based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Gatepath and Abilities United have a new name – AbilityPath – that more effectively conveys our mission of acceptance, respect, and inclusion! Learn more at abilitypath.org/FAQ.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.