AbilityPath is hiring for an Inclusion Teacher in our Inclusive Preschool in Burlingame!
The Inclusion Teacher provides guidance and mentorship in educating children in an inclusive class environment co teaching alongside our General Education Teacher. The Inclusion Teacher adapts the preschool curriculum to best support children with a variety of special needs, and collaborates with the preschool teaching team, co-Inclusion Teachers and families.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and ability is qualifying, unless otherwise specified.
• Master’s in Special Education w/ emphasis in Early Childhood Development or equivalent
• California Special Education Teacher Credential preferred
• Minimum three years of experience working w/ children ages 3-5 in an inclusive environment
• Valid California Driver’s License/ID
• Proof of negative TB test results
• Verification of good physical health by physician
• Ability to obtain criminal fingerprint clearance
• At least 18 years of age
• Ability to physically respond to children with special needs
• Ability to lift at least 25 lbs. as needed
• Ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend frequently
• Ability to sit and keyboard as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity:
AbilityPath is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry (including language-use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license), citizenship, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, military or veteran status, or other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. AbilityPath will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination against, harassment of, or disrespectful or unprofessional conduct toward an employee based upon any of the protected characteristics listed above or based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Gatepath and Abilities United have a new name – AbilityPath – that more effectively conveys our mission of acceptance, respect, and inclusion! Learn more at abilitypath.org/FAQ.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.