The Assembler III performs various duties as related to the manufacturing, packaging and labeling of Silk Road Medical Products and Sub-Assemblies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Swing Shift: 2:30-11:15 pm
- Assembles components into medical devices in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures.
- Performs in-process quality checks on sub-assemblies and finished product in accordance with quality system procedures.
- Maintains accurate records/documentation related to quality, work-in-progress, test results, labor. (e.g., timecards)
- Identifies safety hazards on a regular basis for correction.
- Reports all equipment and process related problems to area supervisor including events and circumstances which could affect product quality, cost, and employee safety.
- Works with engineers and technicians to resolve line issues and suggests improvements.
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime.
- Be punctual and adhere to company policies.
- Works in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP).
- Act as lead in the absence of Lead Assembler.
- Achieves a standard of a safe work environment meeting company safety policies and all regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- High School diploma or equivalent certification.
- 5-7 years of assembly experience in a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience with catheter manufacturing required.
- Prior catheter tip forming experience desired..
- Ability to use pin gauges, digital calipers, snap gauges and digital micrometers.
- Ability to perform basic math addition, subtraction multiplication, division
- Basic knowledge of computer applications such as MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Possess dexterity and be detail oriented.
- Ability to complete documentation in an accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Ability to provide technical expertise of a process or processes.
- Ability to maintain productive work relationships with personnel at all levels.
- Ability to address conflict in a constructive and respectful manner.
- Job duties are typically performed in a Cleanroom environment. Overall duties require the ability to stand or sit for lengthy periods of time.
- Walking or standing for extended periods of time within the Cleanroom, R&D Lab or warehouse areas may be required for the operation of equipment and assigned duties.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Personal Protective Equipment
- The use of specialized equipment requiring additional training will be required.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment such as Latex/rubber/heat resistant gloves, UV eye protection, safety glasses, goggles, cleanroom gowning wear (smocks, head covers, beard covers, shoe covers) will be required.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.