• Work hours 8:00 AM – 5 PM M - F
Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Uses judgment requiring location and storage of items, proper packaging, methods of movement of materials, and release of materials.
Uses hand/or electric trucks including forklifts, Turret Trucks, Order Picker and other motorized vehicles requiring licenses. Keeps accurate logs (both written and on computer).
Is knowledgeable of receiving and/or distribution function, and packaging equipment. Effectively works in a team setting, supporting team goals and objectives.
May receive general supervision with little instruction on routine work.
May coordinate and/or execute special projects as required by the Department.
May prepare goods for final domestic shipment.
May require familiarity with sampling and inspection procedures and assisting in the monitoring of the quality of finished product in accordance with GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices).
May be responsible for conducting cycle counts to maintain accurate inventories.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Performs administrative and physical tasks involved in shipping, receiving, storing, staging and supplying materials (raw, work-in-process and finished goods), parts and supplies, to operators, workstations and distribution
• May prepare goods for shipment to customers and distribution centers
• Complete all necessary SAP Training to obtain the necessary profiles
• May be responsible for ordering required materials from outside vendors and offload all deliveries from outside vendors and do goods receipts for the deliveries
• Physically locate the materials in the warehouse and then perform transactions in SAP to locate them in the system
• Do bin to bin transfers for all moves from the warehouse
• Run Material Staging in SAP
• Is knowledgeable of both inbound and outbound logistics functions, familiar with computer warehousing system and may be required to use FedEx systems
• May be responsible for conducting cycle counts to maintain accurate inventories
• Uses independent judgment in troubleshooting and problem solving under little/no supervision
• Demonstrates the ability to follow established procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Must follow all housekeeping policies and procedures
• Must follow all safety policies and procedures
• Must be able to work overtime as required to meet business requirements
• Perform other duties as required
o 2 years experience in logistics operations lead rol
o 2 years forklift operations experience required
o Previous work experience with the use of material handling equipment (pallet jacket, forklift, shrink wrapper)
o Valid driver’s license required
o Forklift Certification required
o Certification in Dangerous Goods (DG), including IATA, DOT DG, or IMDG preferred
o Ability to work on assignments that are manual and routine in nature with the skill to recognize any deviations from specification
o Can effectively work in a team setting and communicate effectively across the department
o Must be able to maintain neat, accurate and complete records and logs, both manually and/or electronically on a personal computer
o Must be able to effectively manage frequent assignment changes
o Must be proficient in English with the ability to read, write, analyze/evaluate charts, follow simple diagrams and perform basic arithmetic
o Basic proficiency with PCs (Personal Computers) and basic use of Windows environment is required
o Use independent judgment to plan, perform, make decisions, troubleshoot and problem solve
Must be able to work in a repetitive work environment and be able to stand for long periods of time