We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Web Analytics Team
The Product Analytics team delivers deep web analytics, improves overall site performance, and drives incremental business revenue by applying leading web analytics and business insights to enhance the customer experience. The team closely partners with technology, eCommerce leadership, and other teams to deliver new or improved capabilities based on these analyses and insights for industry-leading customer experience.
Overview of the Lead Analyst Web Analytics role
As a Lead Analyst for Web Analytics, you will lead analytics reporting and analysis efforts for a brand and leading initiatives across brands that include A/B testing and analytical support for centralized technology partners. The team expects to go beyond traditional analytics reporting and provide actionable insights and facilitate change and drive business outcomes.
- Lead team's development of automated site performance reports, KPI dashboards, product feature usage, and other reports. The reports should include business context and insights into the data to be delivered to the brand leads and technology partnership.
- Effectively manage relationships with technology partners to ensure analytics drives the testing roadmap of new initiatives and generates the right insights to inform the technology roadmap.
- Establish a relationship with the brand eCommerce lead/VP as a trusted resource and provider of key business data, analytics, business insights, and recommended site changes.
- Manage testing and personalization efforts by working with and influencing eCommerce VPs and technology business partners. Identify direction and build consensus and buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Manage the A/B testing analyst to develop and execute A/B tests on the site in conjunction with the brand's site manager and developers.
- Proactively develop reports and analysis beyond traditional site data by leveraging various tools, including Adobe Analytics and our Data Warehouse. This work includes audience segmentation for leveraging in our personalization program.
- Ensure proper statistical analysis is completed for each A/B test: Statistical significance, confidence intervals, and establishing variance thresholds are necessary.
- Manage and lead partnership with our analytics development team for prioritization and tagging strategy of site changes, new site features, and existing areas of the site we want to understand better.
- Actively partner and develop effective relationships with related groups in the brand's eCommerce management, eMarketing, and IT to facilitate and manage teams' efforts to turn insights into practice on the site.
- Spearhead or facilitate new analysis efforts among the team. Help set the future direction of product analytics.
- Drive enhancements to our tools and training for the team to improve our capabilities as an analytics organization.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and subject matter expertise to all members of the team.
- Leverage industry forums, conferences, and current or prospective vendor relationships to bring leading industry knowledge and best practices in web analytics and conversion to WSI.
- Operate a computer and communicate via telephone
- Transport materials and equipment and lift, move and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- 5+ years working in a Product Analytics function with experience managing junior analysts.
- Experience in an A/B testing-related function, including campaign implementation and analysis.
- Experienced in utilizing statistical concepts for A/B test analysis: Statistical significance, confidence intervals, and establishing variance thresholds are a must.
- Experience leveraging Python for site behavioral and testing analysis. Particularly NumPy, Pandas, and Matplotlib libraries.
- Relevant experience working with web analytics, personalization, and testing tools: Experience with at least one web analytics tool (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or similar) and one testing tool (Target, Optimizely, or similar) required.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries to a database. CASE WHEN, JOIN, and PARTITION BY all critical functions to understand how to leverage.
- Advanced experience in Excel is required.
- Understand behavioral segmentation concepts and dig into web behavior and test results via Adobe Analytics and clickstream data with minimal guidance.
- Self-starter who can ramp up quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to manage multiple work requests and multiple analysts.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end-users and technical resources. Comfortable presenting program strategy and results to senior management.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and a curious nature.
- High energy and results-oriented with a passion for the role. Looking to drive improvements and change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Maths, economics, Data Science or equivalent.
- Retail E-Commerce experience preferred.
- Ability to perform work onsite in the (San Francisco, Rocklin, Portland, New York, San Jose) office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial, and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.