About the Team
The Product Analytics team was formed to not only deliver deep web analytics but also to improve overall site performance and drive incremental business revenue by applying leading web analysis and business insights to enhance the customer experience. The team closely partners with Technology, eCommerce leadership, and other teams to deliver new or enhanced capabilities based on these analyses and insights for an industry-leading customer experience.
The members of the team are aligned to a brand and work on cross-brand analysis efforts. The team reports to the Director of Product Analytics and works closely with other teams in technology, including our A/B testing development team, our web analytics developers, and others to collectively advance WSI's overall on-line and off-line capabilities.
The Product Analytics team is highly visible and produces actionable analysis and recommendations that go directly to brand leads and executives. The environment is fast-paced, and executive expectations are high.
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences.
Overview of the Role
As a Digital Analyst - Web Analytics, you will support analytics reporting and analysis efforts for an x-brand to help connect offsite marketing efforts to onsite behavior. The expectation for the team is to go beyond traditional analytics reporting and provide actionable insights and to facilitate change and drive business outcomes.
- Produce weekly site performance reports: KPI dashboards, online merchandise, and product reviews, as well as other reports. Such reports should include business context and insights into the data to be delivered to the business leads.
- Effectively respond to ad-hoc report and analysis requests from the brand leads, merchants, and other Marketing teams.
- Proactively develop reports and analysis of site performance including segmentation analysis. Include observations and business context to deliver actionable insights to business leads, not just data.
- Work with eCommerce VP and brand business partners on identifying testing and personalization efforts. Build consensus and buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Develop and execute A/B and MVT tests on the site in conjunction with the brand's site manager and developers using our testing tool and by leveraging the support of our vendor consultant.
- Conduct deep dive analysis across multiple Marketing programs such as email, paid search, natural search, banner ads, affiliates, leveraging data from multiple sources: vendor reporting tools, WSI's web analytics tool, and WSI's legacy systems.
- Create custom queries using SQL and analytics tools to pull data from our Customer Data Warehouse (CDW) to develop advanced analytics reporting and answer deeper business questions.
- Work with IT and site managers to review and test analytics tool tagging for site changes, new site features, and initiatives to ensure data quality.
- Actively partner and develop effective relationships with related groups in eCommerce management, eMarketing, and IT to facilitate and manage efforts across teams to turn insights into practice on the site.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. experience
- 2-4 years of experience working in the e-commerce analytics domain
- 2+ years of experience using web analytics tools such as Coremetrics, Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, or similar.
- Proficient with domain-specific tools
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong business acumen with Retail industry knowledge desired
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively present analytics data to business users at the Manager/Director level
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills to manage multiple work requests and projects
- Experience guiding agencies/vendors work a plus
We believe in People First.
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial, and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.