Coordinate senior peer counseling services for older adults in the Spanish community. Duties include recruiting volunteers to become peer counselors and participants who can benefit from counseling services, organizing training for peer counselors, and providing support for groups at multiple sites and in their native languages. Provides support and advocates for peer counselors in their work with participants.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non- Exempt, Part time
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize volunteer trainings, including identifying content, recruiting speakers, arrangement for schedule, location, and refreshments.
- Recruit and interview speaking prospective candidates for training to become volunteer senior peer counselors. Assess appropriate volunteer abilities.
- Match peer counselors to participants
- Develop relationships in the community with providers of programs for specific underserved populations of older adults, including social service agencies, faith houses, community organizations, adult activity centers, etc.
- Conduct presentations in the community to recruit new volunteers and participants.
- Recruit potential volunteers and participants for peer counseling by staffing tables at events, contacting providers, writing articles, giving interviews, attending meetings, etc.
- May conduct intake/assessment interviews, including home visits and with the family to determine participants’ needs for senior peer counseling services.
- Coordination of senior peer counselors and participants.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.