Assist in the implementation of the program including collaborating with lead team. Assist in the provision of support services to older adults. Will provide direct services, including community education and training on app usage for the older adult population.
Established in 1950, Peninsula Family Service is a leading multi-service agency in Silicon Valley, serving over 12,000 children, families, and older adults each year and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. Our mission at Peninsula Family Service is to strengthen the community by providing children, families and older adults with the support and tools to realize their full potential and lead healthy, stable lives. We envision a community where opportunity, financial stability, and wellness are secured for all. Peninsula Family Service offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits.
Active demonstration of Peninsula Family Services’ VALUES are expected of every staff member. All of our work is based on our commitment to Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Diversity, Teamwork and Adaptability.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Part-time, 20 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Peer Program Specialist
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide community, group, and individual level outreach and engagement activities to connect participant/end user with the new technology application
- Offer group and 1:1 user instructions for technology
- Attend community gatherings, planned outreach events and other relevant spaces to promote the use of technology application(s).
- Understand all uses of technology app and be able to identify and help problem solve with users as they experience any issues”.
- Gather end-user input and feedback on ease of use, content relevance, and personal benefit of the technology application(s).
- Assist participants in completing demographic forms and then distributing gift
- Recruit app users to be volunteers to promote apps, help table at events,
- Document all marketing and training activities, numbers served and demographic
- Compile data and complete forms as required for program
- Participate and support program evaluation methods as
- Participate in meetings related to the program and network with community agencies as specified by
- Collaborate and participate with BHRS staff in all efforts to develop the program, including possibly participating in Statewide Peer, County, activities and collaborative calls and meetings when appropriate.
- Ability to provide services off site in San Mateo County as well as at Family Service facilities.
- Other duties as assigned by
- High School diploma required, college degree
- Bilingual preferred in English/Spanish, English/Mandarin or English/Cantonese
- Ability to work with diverse cultural
- Effective verbal and written communication in
- Background experience with older adults, isolation, behavioral
- Computer literate including the daily use of smart phones, tablets, desktop computers, email, search engines, MSWord, and
- Attend and work possible evening or weekend events for the program once in a
- Local travel will be required.
- Experience with mental health and/or drug or alcohol challenges as a client or family
- Successful completion of criminal background
- Provide verification to legally work in the S.
- Must be able to lift 10
- Utilize personal car and have driver’s license and appropriate All drivers will need to have a clear driving record to drive for the agency.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.