Provide technical assistance through education and training to Multi-Family and Commercial customers regarding the company’s collection services. Use company outreach assets to give advice and guidance on how to reduce contamination in the recycling and organics containers and achieve compliance with State, Local, and Franchise Agreements. Provide proper sorting training and presentations for customers, tenants, and employees. Be present as a community liaison at special events and conduct additional tasks as needed to support the outreach and education of customers.
- Identifies, leads, manages prospects; increases waste reduction services at new and existing customer sites.
- Prepares and delivers recycling programs outreach, presentations, and trainings and follows up with key contacts.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the company’s available services and pricing as well as state, local, and franchise program requirements.
- Tracks information on prospective customers on company’s customer database and other required formats as needed.
- Interacts with staff from local governmental agencies on various waste reduction program activities.
- Regularly meets with route supervisor managers for review of programs proposed at customers’ sites.
- Prepares and distributes various recycling activity reports.
- Notifies non-franchised haulers of franchise violations related to roll-off container services.
- Perform commercial business and multi-family dwelling audits. This includes but not limited to looking in all commodity containers and analyzing the material being disposed of.
- Cultivates and improves community partnerships by attending and participates in special events, meetings, and other programs on behalf of the organization.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. 75% field work 25% office work.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Valid Drivers’s License (Required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a friendly disposition.
- Ability to proficiently use customer database system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Microsoft Excel, Word, and letter writing.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.