Mitra Chem is a Silicon Valley startup working at the intersection of machine learning and battery development. We live at the cutting-edge of battery technology and aim to deliver world-class materials for the EV market within the next few years. Our goal is to be the first lithium-ion battery materials manufacturer to shorten the lab-to-production timeline by >90% through accelerated R&D and vertically integrated process optimization. We will first focus on Li-ion battery cathodes, converting them from commodity chemicals into a product platform, customized for different applications. We are setting up a state-of-the-art 10,000 sq ft industrial R&D center (located on the San Francisco Peninsula). Join our team to be a part of the growing battery revolution.
- Guide the design, commissioning and operation of Mitra Chem’s R&D center.
- Serve as point-of-contact for R&D and engineering lab-related activities.
- Manage day-to-day operations including lab organization, safety protocols, lab space access and security.
- Oversee preventive maintenance and coordinate equipment repair to ensure up-time.
- Train internal users on equipment usage, lab practices, and safely working within the lab environment.
- Forecast and procure materials for engineering needs and inventory control, manage inventory of hardware components, equipment, products, and other supplies, and procure spare parts, and supplies to ensure all supplies are stocked and available when needed.
- Engineer adherence to safety, regulatory, and quality requirements as needed to maintain compliance with lab certifications and local requirements.
- Organize the lab layout and moving tools, equipment, and inventory as required for optimal productivity .
- Contribute to engineering teams on equipment designs, installation, and operation.
- Analyze and communicate lab related issues, and continuously scout ways to improve lab safety, productivity and well-being of our personnel.
- Work with various equipment and services both cross-functional and external vendors.
- Lab setup, lab/EH&S management and improvement; and managing an engineering lab space.
- Procuring and keeping inventory of chemicals, laboratory consumables, electronic parts, and tools.
- Ceramic processing equipment (furnaces, kilns, gas delivery) Materials characterization equipment (scanning electron microscope, X-ray diffractometers, density analyzer, etc).
- Battery cell assembly equipment and processes.
- Low-humidity dry rooms.
- Battery cell testing (battery cyclers, potentiostats, AC impedance analyzers).
- Work environment that is fast-paced and dynamic, requires meticulous organizational skills and ability to communicate (oral and written) with a multidisciplinary team.
- Mac OSX and Windows OS, MS Office, and TCP/IP networking.
We have just completed our Series A financing. Mitra Chem is proud to offer its employees:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, and 401K.
- Well-being allowance and generous paid time-off.
- 2 month paternity and 4 month maternity leave.
- Free lunch and snacks.
Mitra Chem is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. We take steps to provide our employees, applicants, and others with whom we do business with an environment that is free of any form of discrimination and harassment (including harassment based on any of these characteristics). Mitra Future Technologies, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job applications procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.