The ENS Lab team provides break-fix services across the Lab network. Maintaining the fleet requires the Sr. Network Engineer to monitor, react, respond, troubleshoot, and fix issues across network devices. This includes (but is not limited to) Juniper, Arista, and Cisco switches and routers. They will identify what equipment has failed, and then address the issues by implementing the fixes or replaces those parts to ensure the network devices run optimally and resiliently. This includes both hardware and link troubleshooting.
- Install large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers, and optical transport equipment.
- Physically troubleshoot various network components in network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers, and optical transport equipment.
- Provide onsite network support and expertise for all teams on the local data center, and act as a liaison for remote networking teams.
- Physical, hands-on replacement of optics, line cards, supervisor cards, and chassis hardware.
- Troubleshooting network link, device, and configuration issues, isolating the problem, and fixing the problem.
- Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
- Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
- Tracing and isolating cables through patch panels.
- Testing and cleaning fiber optic cables and optical interfaces.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while minimizing the impact on the production network.
- Use internal automation software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment.
- Working with cross functional teams, including facilities, cabling, and server teams.
- Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing deployment projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, CLI navigation, JUNOS, Cisco IOS, and bash.
- Physical audits of inventory and updating asset inventory database.
- The job requires significant time standing, walking, bending, and lifting. This is not a position a position for someone located at a desk.
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Determining scope of new work
- Liaising with team members, management, and stakeholders to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Continuous analyzing of existing operations and procedures to improve efficiencies and introduce efficiencies (MOPS, automation, configuration, deployments and projects).
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders to implement best practices.
- Technical escalation point for Stakeholders.
- On-call support
- Travel to and from local data centers in the Bay area
- 15% travel to lab locations outside of California
Experience: 8+ years of IT network experience, Technical expertise, Lead task and project requirements, managing risks and contingency plans. Exceptional customer communication skills.
- Experience with Juniper Enterprise, Cisco, and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures, including data center switching platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems, tools, and creative problem-solving abilities under pressure.
- JUNOS, CISCO IOS, Linux OS
- Routers, switches, console servers, optical transport equipment.
- Optics, line cards, supervisor cards, and chassis-based hardware.
- Cabling, fiber optics, optical interfaces.
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting.