All applicants must: (1) be at least 18 years of age; (2) obtain clearance from DOJ prior to presence at facility; (3) obtain “good” health screening and negative TB test results not more than one year before or seven days after employment date; (4) obtain/maintain First Aid/CPR certification, and a COVID-19 vaccination prior to providing any direct care and supervision to clients.
Work in conjunction with the Program Director to plan, provide and evaluate activities based upon the needs and abilities and interests of the clients of LIVE OAK ADULT DAY SERVICES and consistent with the goals and policies of this agency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Program Director in assuring safety and well-being of all clients of LIVE OAK ADULT DAY SERVICES.
- Work as a team member with Program Director and Program Specialists in basic program delivery, including daily tasks and personal care of clients.
- Work well with community volunteers and visitors.
- Conduct program activities as needed.
- Participate in all in-service training and staff meetings.
- Document any changes observed in clients, including physical, behavioral or psychological condition.
- Properly document and report any client incident.
- Demonstrate the ability to calmly follow proper safety and emergency procedures, including Fire Drills, Earthquake Drills (posted in each program room), sudden illness of a client, client falls, etc.
- Assist with inventory of program supplies.
- In absence of Program Director, be able to assume leadership of the program staff and responsibility for the smooth delivery of care for the clients.
- Assist Program Director with planning, recruiting, and evaluating program activities, as well as developing monthly calendar.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and self-initiative. Also, has the ability to motivate Program Specialists, volunteers, etc. Demonstrate the ability to promote client participation in planned activities.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward clients, caregivers, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well with frail, elderly and younger disabled persons (program participants) and their caregivers in a caring, professional manner.
- Participate in daily wrap-ups and reviews scheduled by Program Director and annual appraisal of clients.
- Make every effort to keep program area clean and hazard free (e.g. water on floors, walkers out of traffic areas, etc.).
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to accept supervision from and work cooperatively with the Program Director, Executive Director and other Administrative Staff to facilitate a safe and effective day care program.
- Adhere to the Agency Policies & Procedures, including providing updated documentation of insurance, CPR, First Aid, etc.
BA or BS degree in field related to agency program (i.e., Gerontology, Social Services, Psychology, Human Development, Health Sciences, Education, etc.)*
Experience and knowledge that provide requisite skills to work with frail elderly persons in a professional capacity.
*Requirements for degree may be waived based on the level of experience and/or other training (i.e. Community College classes and relevant certifications).
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.