As part of the Operations team, this Warehouse position is responsible for supporting all aspects of our food distribution operations to low income and homeless clients in Sunnyvale. It is a non-exempt, fulltime position Monday thru Friday. This job requires heavy physical lifting, moving and mobility to access all parts of the warehouse.
Duties and responsibilities
- Variety of warehouse duties including restocking pantry shelves, consolidating pallets of food, lifting boxes, organizing warehouse and storage areas.
- Drive cargo vans and 18’ box truck to collect donations from individual donors and retail stores.
- Drive forklift and operate pallet jacks to move inventory safely around warehouse
- Work with food program volunteers and other operations staff to fulfill packing, sorting, and warehouse activities.
- Keep warehouse and parking lot safe, clean and orderly.
- Work with employees and volunteers to follow personal and food handling safety guidelines. Continuously improve safe working conditions.
- Assist clients with food pickup or other need
- Label pallets for USDA and other uses
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- GED or High School diploma
- Clean driving record
- Proof of current CA Driver’s license and insurance
- Experience with Forklift, Box Truck and certification of usage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with volunteers, staff and clients
- 1 year experience working in a Warehouse environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. once every 10 minutes for 3 hours. (bags of potatoes 6 feet from a pallet to a work table and similar heavy lifting requirement)
- Occasionally 75 lbs. (heavy pallets onto stacks of pallets)
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. repeatedly over three hours. (Grocery bags out of carts and into cars and similar tasks.)
- Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three points of contact techniques
- Ability to work on your feet for entire work shift
- Ability to drive forklift, 18’ box truck and cargo vans
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.