Seeking business minded Data Analysts to support our client in Palo alto, CA! As an Ops Data Analyst, you'll provide deep analysis and valuable insights to unlock opportunities within Operations, and drive informed business decisions. Collaborate to evolve the data platform with user-friendly tools, solutions and dashboards so that relevant information can be efficiently gathered and easily interpreted by business teams. In addition to having a strong technical background, an ideal candidate for this role should have experience coordinating with a cross-functional business team, external partner teams, and ability to inspire confidence and lead in data-driven decision making.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Work Model: On-Site
- Effectively use and visualize data to tell stories, communicate key insights through internal reports, presentations and dashboards to drive business decisions & bring efficiency and scale to our daily operations
- Align with leadership team, product managers, business teams and partners to set priorities based on analysis and results, to implement and optimize business processes and solutions
- Support scoping complex data-centric projects across multiple teams and systems and execute on deliverables and iterate to drive bias to action
- Share weekly business performance with the leadership team
- Identify patterns, correlations and causal relationships to drive profitability
- Helps analyze the effectiveness of new initiatives to inform whether to double down, pivot, or eliminate initiative.
- Evaluate and quantify the effect of experimentations and various tests through data analysis and statistical methods, and make data-driven recommendations
- Own Ops Data Roadmap and deliverables working with cross-functional teams.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Analytics, or Finance
- 5+ years of experience with Data Analytics (preferably on the Operations side)
- Strong understanding of SC&L functions (Inventory & Capacity Management, Workforce Efficiency, Fulfillment Performance & Warehouse Processes, Geographic Evaluation)
- Hands-on expertise with SQL, Python and other programming languages (esp. Ruby)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Able to communicate technical content to non-technical audience
- Bring a consultative mindset and are able to experiment and innovate.
- Ability to work closely with Software Teams, from Ideation to Implementation
- Innate curiosity to find the root causes of problems and answer “why” questions
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and thriving in a fast pace environment
- Above all else, you are Bright, Kind, and Motivated by a Challenge!
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.