GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION
Under general supervision, responsible for the nursing needs of residents, while actively incorporating our “Philosophy for Person-Directed Care.” Ensures a safe and healthy environment for residents, staff, and visitors to participate in the resident’s daily life rhythm. Develops assignments in coordination with the care partners and keeps each team member accountable for resident care and satisfaction. Lead and direct a team of caregivers in assigned area. Duties and assignments may be adjusted at the discretion of the Director of Nursing Services and/or designee.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Leads and directs care partners in assigned areas, including instructing, assigning and reviewing work, planning, maintaining standards, observing and reporting on employee issues and recommending discipline;
- Promotes team development and motivation; provides instruction and guidance, and provides input on employee evaluations;
- Takes responsibility to lead the team and ensures that all procedures are followed during shift;
- Provides resident care, including administering medications and documents each treatment and maintains weekly skin condition reports
- Maintain communication with doctors, laboratory, pharmacy and residents’ families concerning resident care;
- Attend care plan meetings
- Performs health updates, interviews, and charting; maintains daily records, takes doctors’ orders;
- Prepares shift reports;
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests, and co-workers;
- Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the facility safety program;
- Answers telephones and assists visitors;
- Attends in-service training workshops, seminars and meetings, as required;
- Promotes and protects the rights of each resident;
- Performs other related essential duties as required
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school and currently licensed as an LVN/LPN to practice in applicable state.
- Senior Care, Skilled Nursing, Hospital or Rehabilitation Experience
- Proficient computer skills necessary to complete documentation, review electronic health records and communicate with team members.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional nursing or caregiver experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current LVN license in California
- Current CPR certification
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.