J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines is seeking a Warehouse Associate to perform standard warehouse operations; including operating designated warehouse equipment, keeping accurate records, and ensuring work procedures are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· SAFETY: Maintains a high level of safety awareness by attending safety meetings and training. Responsible for adherence to all safety procedures.
· WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS: Works with Case Goods Supervisor on daily work schedules and assures accurate completion of assigned work orders. Performs manual and clerical duties related to the shipment and receipt of materials, supplies, or finished products. Operates a powered forklift to stack and palletize materials throughout warehouse, storage and shipping/receiving areas. Coordinates with Case Goods Truck Driver, Distribution Coordinator and Export Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that all processing priorities and requirements are understood and deadlines are met.
· WAREHOUSE PROCEDURES: Understands Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Record Keeping and the accurate and punctual handling of work assignments. Immediately reports problems with equipment to maintenance according to SOPs.
· TEAMWORK: Adheres to and supports company policies and decisions in a positive manner. Cooperates with personnel in other departments to ensure the best overall results for J. Lohr Winery.
· OTHER DUTIES: As with all positions at J. Lohr Winery, other jobs or special projects may arise outside the realm of this job description. Doing other assignments on a fill-in basis is expected of every employee.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Knowledge of warehouse activities and responsibilities, including SOPs, is required.
2. Excellent communication skills are required in order to work effectively with a variety of people.
3. Reading, writing and mathematical skills and detail orientated are required in order to understand instructions and estimate storage capacity.
4. Reasoning skills, judgment and problem-solving skills are required in order to respond effectively to changing situations, coordinate multiple activities; analyze and resolve problems.
5. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires the following levels of physical activity:
· Moderate (1/3 of the time) sitting, standing.
· Some (less than 1/3 of the time) walking, bending, squatting, climbing, reaching above and below shoulder level, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; simple grasping, pulling/pushing and fine manipulation with both hands.
· Visual capabilities: close and distance, color, depth perception, peripheral vision and adjustment of focus.
6. WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position entails exposure to the following environmental conditions:
· Drives automotive equipment.
· Marked temperature and humidity changes; exposed to dust, fumes, and gases.
· Noise level exposure: Moderate.
· Ability to drive/learn a sit-down forklift.
· No experience necessary but prefer at least 1-year warehouse experience. Prior knowledge and/or experience in the winery warehousing field is a plus.
· Knowledge of warehouse activities and responsibilities.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· A valid Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the Winery’s insurance carrier is desirable for this position.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm with occasional Saturdays
Please see the link below for our J. Lohr Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://jlohr.pro.winejobs.com/
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.