Join us in our mission to strengthen the resilience and hope of our diverse community members by improving their health and well-being.
(GLOW) is a project funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and the Minority Health Partnership. The objective of this role is to address Substance Use Abuse, Viral Hepatitis and HIV on APIs (Asian, Pacific, and Islanders) youths and young adults from ages 18 to 24 years old.
The Program Specialist will train Youth Lay Health Workers that can present an hour workshop/presentations. The presentation is about having an honest conversation on how substance use, Hepatitis, and HIV can affect young APIs’ life, and teach them to make better-informed decisions about these health topics. This position is also responsible for providing community outreach, recruitment and referrals.
The Program Specialist:
• Provide presentations and train young adults
• Conduct online, community, and venue-based outreach activities to promote the GLOW program, HOPE services and other AACI services to target prioritize communities.
• Maintain accurate program documentation, prepare and submit reports and field notes.
• Build collaborations with community constituents and stakeholders, and maintain friendly, helpful working relations.
• Coordinate linkages and make referrals for external services needed to support clients.
• Conduct pre and post HIV counseling with a harm reduction focus.
• Administer HIV tests at on-site and other satellite and community locations.
• Complete and maintain accurate records of client encounter.
• Conduct follow ups with clients as needed.
• Perform data entry and administrative tasks.
• Participate in team, training and community partner meetings.
The ideal candidate:
Apply now and join a great team of caring people.
AACI’s primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees, clients, and community including candidates. AACI offers a variety of programs, however we are ultimately classified as a Health Care Facility under the state order mandating vaccination. All members of our workforce must be fully vaccinated. New employees must provide proof of vaccination at time of hire. To be considered fully vaccinated, please wait 14 days after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or after the one dose of Johnson & Johnson.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.