Coast Personnel Services is hiring for a Process Engineer as a direct hire with a client that is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors.
Responsible for developing, configure and optimize industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification, evaluating existing processes and configuring different systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
- Support introduction of new products by setting up and preparing the operation to begin production and repair
- Define process flow planning, line balancing, assembly process definition/design and investigate alternate assembly methods/equipment to reduce labor and increase process controls
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions
- Review, implement, and track Engineering Change Orders originated by customers
- Create Capital Requests for new tooling and equipment as required
- Perform time studies of production and repair processes to support quoting and process improvements
- Identify and recommend cost reductions, efficiency improvements, and quality improvements in production and repair operations
- Support both in-house and customer based Shop Floor processing systems
- Interface with Internal and external customers to understand technical requirements. Test /Implement/Document/Solutions to ensure quality compliance.
- Develop techniques, tools, fixtures, processes and procedures for handling and repairing of PC boards and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree and experience
- 2 years experience supporting Manufacturing or Service businesses
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 standard for a quality management system (QMS)
- Working knowledge of 5S Lean Six Sigma practices
- Experience in Agile and Oracle applications is a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite software products
- Advanced skills in MS Excel is a plus, including creating formulas, macros, and charting
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.