Is this you?
Are you analytical and comfortable working in an evolving environment? Are you comfortable working with a large diverse workforce of people with different culture, backgrounds and opinions? Do you have both excellent oral and written communication skills? Do you possess excellent presentation and interpersonal skills to engage effectively with internal and external partners? Do you have two years of recent and verifiable experience in all of the following areas of contract administration: contractor solicitation; contract development, review and approval, and contract maintenance? If so, then we invite you to become the next Principal Contracts Analyst for the San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
This position performs difficult, complex, sensitive, and detailed analytical work including: complex quantitative analysis in the area of construction and professional services contracts; analyzing, planning and developing operations for continuous improvement and compliance with existing and changing policies, procedures, legislation and regulations; coordinating the implementation of systems and procedures developed for contract administration. The position maintains senior levels of responsibility with greater independence of action and consequence of error in designing business solutions, formulating recommendations and achieving effective decisions, and may supervise other staff, including lower-level analysts, in the performance of contract administration duties.
The essential functions of this position include:
· Analyzes, evaluates, interprets, and implements new and existing governmental procurement requirements and technical guidance; may develop, coordinate and oversee contract compliance reviews.
· Works with CAU Manager to identify and analyze highly complex existing, newly enacted and proposed local, state, federal legislation policies and procedures projecting impacts to the Citywide contracting process; advises management on the consequences of proposed and pending legislation and effectively presents recommendations; develops and recommends procedures for the citywide implementation of enacted legislation.
Researches, analyzes, forecasts and makes policy recommendations on special projects or highly visible public issues including administrative policies, practices, and procedures; manages implementation of new systems, policies, and procedures effecting department and Citywide contracting processes; responds to informational requests, including those of a highly sensitive nature.
· Performs difficult and detailed analytical work developing and administering highly complex contractual agreements as well as conducting competitive selection processes for public construction bids and requests for proposals or qualifications, ensuring adequate and economic distribution of advertisements and public notices; processes highly complex contracts including advertisement for bids/proposals, receipt and review of bids, contract negotiation and award and routing through electronic signature/documentation process to certification; coordinates with staff from Civil Service Commission, City Attorney’s Office, Controller’s Office, Department of Human Resources, Contract Monitoring Division, and other relevant departments; and provides training and assistance to staff and contractors on departmental and City contracting policies, procedures, and requirements.
· Reviews, prepares, and analyzes cost estimates and terms for financially significant new and existing contracts, change orders, and modifications; prepares reports of analyses and related documents; analyzes claims for additional cost reimbursement to determine validity; analyzes contract provisions to determine appropriate reimbursement amount; conducts negotiations with contractors with regard to additional contract terms, cost reimbursement and change order provisions; prepares reports regarding claim status, settlement activities and reimbursement amounts for use by management and City Attorney's Office; maintains records of negotiations.
· Uses the City’s Financial and Procurement System and/or other City or SFO online procurement/contract monitoring systems for processing, tracking, and reporting activities related to contract administration; participate in system development, deployment, and enhancement efforts as required including performing system testing and providing training to end users.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.