Facilities and Maintenance Lead
$60,000 to $75,000
Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the position of Facilities Lead Technician is a hands-on position. The Facilities Lead will coordinate the routine schedules of the maintenance technicians while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades. Facilities Lead will be part of a team and assign work orders/tasks, provide additional training and direction for other maintenance staff at assigned HomeFirst locations. Have knowledge and be proficient at building and repairs in at least one specialty trade (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, etc.).
Facilities Lead must be able to:
- Serves as a working lead coordinating activities of assigned team employees engaged in cleaning and maintenance.
- Focus on facilities-related services to assigned sites.
- Focus on Preventive and Preventative Maintenance Schedules and lead a team toward facilities goals.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation and is expected to participate as a team member.
- Travel locally.
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Discover training needs and provide coaching. Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Coordinate and oversee the work of other facilities services technicians in completion and workload assignment of maintenance work orders; assists team members with complex tasks and performs quality inspections on work completed.
- Coordinates and performs minor facility repairs such as painting, plumbing, wall patching, spot stain removal, and other repairs as directed. Ensure the overall quality of properties is being maintained in a new condition.
- Monitors maintain and perform standard repairs to building electrical, plumbing, HVAC.
- Respond positively and promptly to requests from building tenants and occupants.
- Evaluate contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications to ensure compliance with their contracts.
- Assist the Facilities Director with leading the Facilities operations staff on all assigned projects, goals, routine inspections, Customer Focus items, and Service Request reviews.
- Maintains the inventory of parts and supplies for facilities repairs; orders materials as needed.
- Assists licensed plumbers, electricians, and HVAC personnel as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains records on all maintenance activities including but not limited to Emergency Procedures Manual, IIPP Manual, Local Code Compliance, ADA Compliance, OSHA, Safety Meeting, Elevator Maintenance Records, As-built Drawings, Annual Property Conditions and Year-end Performance Report, and other reports and documentation, as required.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety, environmental practices and interprets agency policies to staff, and enforces safety regulations.
- Expected to be familiar with the layout of all facilities, mechanical and equipment rooms
- Manage the work request system to ensure that work orders and requests are completed on a timely basis.
- Perform daily inspections of each facility to include the exterior and interior of each location and inspect the entire facility once a month, with the Facilities Director.
- Acts as the primary contact for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies, and repairs).
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour, 7 days a week basis.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma with a minimum of (6) six years of construction/maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of Construction, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, fire alarm, fire protection, building and fire codes, food service, laundry, and janitorial equipment.
- Experience supervising skilled and unskilled workers.
- Must be flexible and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
Must be able to prioritize, manage multi-functional tasks, work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints.
Must be fluent in English.
Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl, and reach for extended periods of time.
Must be able to be on-call and work overtime.
Must have flexibility, creativity, assertiveness, and ability to communicate and get along with a diverse group of employees.
Must be able to travel to various work-site locations on demand.
- Valid CA Driver License
- Reliable personal vehicle
- Able to perform sedentary work;
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion;
- Ability to use keyboard and read computer screens for extended periods;
- Able to stand/sit for extended periods, kneel, reach and bend related to the completion of duties;
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.About HomeFirst Services:
Established in 1980, with 40+ years of experience, we are the premier Silicon Valley provider of homelessness services. We believe that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed. We relentlessly focus on eliminating barriers to housing and creating stability for everyone we serve.
HomeFirst Services serves more than 6,000 adults, veterans, families, and young adults each year at multiple locations from Gilroy to Menlo Park all of Santa Clara County as well as southern San Mateo County.
- Homelessness prevention
- Emergency and cold-weather shelters
- Comprehensive Veterans Services
- Rapid Rehousing programs
- Bridge Housing Communities
- Emergency Interim Housing
- Affordable permanent housing
- Permanent Supportive housing
- Street-based outreach
HomeFirst Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Additionally, HomeFirst Services participates in the E-Verify program, as required by law.
HomeFirst Services is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.