$55,000 to $65,000
The Maintenance employee will carry out a wide variety of Janitorial/Maintenance duties including preventative, emergency, and after-hours work, turn over, and routine work orders, as needed. Assist in posting/writing notices and providing a quality living environment for the residents and working to establish a positive, productive work relationship with the Property Management staff.
- Basic janitorial, stocking supplies, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Responsible for the minor to major, after hours/emergency work orders
- Dusting, sweeping, mopping &/or vacuuming floors
- Basic/light HVAC, plumbing, electrical & appliance repairs
- Basic/light Masonry, carpentry, painting, and any other preventative general repairs
- Clean office, laundry rooms, and property
- Clean dumpsters and area, also power washing
- Conduct property walks, pick up all litter & checks for health & safety issues
- Maintains the inventory of tools, equipment, parts & supplies & informs supervisor(s) of shortages
- Oversees vendors, while on-site, as needed
- Shampooing carpets/rugs and waxing floors
- Resolving tenant issues, parking, towing, etc.
- Notifying management of needed repairs
- Assisting team with vacant unit turnovers - when time permits
- Assist with preparation and posting of notices, i.e., lease violations, incident reports, 24hr entry notices, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MUST be available for on-call services and after hours/weekends
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) with two years related experience
- Must have CA Drivers license, acceptable driving record, current CA auto insurance
- Skilled in the use of common hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic equipment, and other tools used in general maintenance and repair work
- Must be able to function in an independent environment
- Experience working with chemicals and cleaning compounds such as; bleach, ammonia, alcohol, glycerin, ammonium chloride, and propane.
- Knowledge of mixing /quantities for creating cleaning solutions and liquids for use in everyday surface cleanups
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Ability to comprehend instructions, read and write short correspondence and memos
- Ability to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Able to perform sedentary work;
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs. regularly.
- Ability to use keyboard and read computer screens for extended periods;
- Able to stand/sit for extended periods, kneel, reach and bend related to the completion of duties;
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.About HomeFirst Services:
Established in 1980, with 40+ years of experience, we are the premier Silicon Valley provider of homelessness services. We believe that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed. We relentlessly focus on eliminating barriers to housing and creating stability for everyone we serve.
HomeFirst Services serves more than 6,000 adults, veterans, families, and young adults each year at multiple locations from Gilroy to Menlo Park all of Santa Clara County as well as southern San Mateo County.
- Homelessness prevention
- Emergency and cold-weather shelters
- Comprehensive Veterans Services
- Rapid Rehousing programs
- Bridge Housing Communities
- Emergency Interim Housing
- Affordable permanent housing
- Permanent Supportive housing
- Street-based outreach
HomeFirst Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Additionally, HomeFirst Services participates in the E-Verify program, as required by law.
HomeFirst Services is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.