Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Sunnyvale and Newark, CA
Environment: Corporate Setting
Pay Rate: $19.00/hr.
General Job Functions: Observe, survey, and report activity at the assigned site.
Shift & Hours: Various Full-Time Shifts Available (Shift will be discussed during interview)
Included Benefits/Perks: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid time off for full time employees
Who is GardaWorld?
GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately-owned security services company. We protect our clients’ staff and assets, wherever they are in the world. We offer different schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries and career advancement opportunities. We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GardaWorld Security Services is looking for Security Officers to fulfill different assignments for our clients.
Job Responsibilities specific to this client site include, but are not limited to:
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Carry out instructions as documented in site Post Orders
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
General Security responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients
- Observe, survey, and report activities at the assigned site
- Respond quickly to critical situations
- Ability to read and write detailed reports
- Enforce client procedures, regulations, and standards
Qualifications specific to this client site include, but are not limited to:
- At least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements
- Must have a current BSIS Guard Card and additional 32 hrs. of BSIS training (Additional trainings can be obtained during the hiring process.)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to be outdoors for extended periods of time if needed
General Qualifications to work in physical security at GardaWorld include:
- Pass an extensive screening process including background check and pre employment drug screen
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.