High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineering Manager for Consumables Development to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Lead design, development, validation, and transfer to manufacturing of consumable plastics and packaging across the whole workflow
- Lead development of automation equipment and tooling to drive consumables manufacturing scale up
- Drive consumables road map such as improvements in cost, manufacturability, user experience, quality, and reliability
- Collaborate with groups across the whole company; HW and SW Engineering, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Manufacturing, Operations, Compliance, Commercial, and Service to ensure flawless integration and roll out
- Work closely with, and manage, suppliers to ensure all design requirements are specified and achieved
- Resolve product issues throughout the product development life cycle via systematic root causing and solution validation
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Engineering MS degree + 4 yrs, or Engineering BS degree + 7 yrs
- Minimum 4 years work experience in biotech with a hardware focus (instrument, consumables, or manufacturing engineering)
- Minimum 2 years work experience in leading an R&D team
- Experience with biotech consumables automation equipment (pick-and-place, coating, cleaning, surface energy modifications, foil sealing, part singulation, heat staking, ultrasonic or laser welding, UV curing, labeling, engraving, packaging)
- Experience with a wide range of manufacturing processes (precision machining, plastics injection molding, rubber/silicone molding, microfluidics, 3D printing and other additive manufacturing)
- Experience with nano-fabrication techniques commonly used in a modern semiconductor foundry (lithography, deposition, etch, wet processes)
- Expert knowledge of chemical interaction between chemistry and molecular biology reagents and various materials (corrosion mechanisms, corrosion mitigation strategies, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in characterization and testing of complex systems, including design of experiments and root cause analysis. Strong statistical & data analysis background, preferably with experience in R and/or Python
- Demonstrated success in building and growing strong, innovative development teams
- Strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.