High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Production to join our team!
You are a talented, motivated, and experienced Director of Production that will lead our instrument production team. You will drive new product launching activities during the transition from R&D to manufacturing. You will build a team, motivate, train, scale up, and support all production activities related to volume production, focusing on quality and best in class customer experience. You will have the opportunity to shape the vision of our manufacturing strategy, and to play a pivotal role in worldwide market penetration in the field of genomics.
How You’ll Contribute
- As the Director of Production, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians in defining, developing, documenting, training, deploying, and maintaining manufacturing and test methods for large and complex instruments.
- Lead the manufacturing production group to take fast evolving design from R&D with basic bill of material, assembly, test instructions and specifications, and provide red-lined feedback to create very precise and detailed bill of material, and work instructions under tight revision control, capturing device history records for each sub-assemblies, assemblies, and instruments.
- Lead the manufacturing production team to define the hiring plan based on the build schedule, recruit, screen, hire, and train new employees, and transfer build and test knowledge to contract manufacturing partners to scale up production capacity in order to meet company’s growth objective.
- Define, deploy, capture, monitor and publish key process indicators (KPI) such as build and test time, component defects, first pass yields, instruments critical specifications uniformity, etc.; and establish action plans promoting continuous improvement methodology, driving for quality, cost and cycle time improvements.
- Provide technical, business and people leadership support to your production staff, including setting team goals, ensuring appropriate training and qualification, completing performance reviews, and establishing development plans, recruiting, resource planning, and succession planning.
- Collaborate with supply chain, planning and material management to ensure proper communication, effective material coordination, and production build execution that are in alignment with business objectives, and with ongoing order fulfilment.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in physics material, mechanical, electrical engineering, operations management or in another discipline + relevant experience.
- Minimum of 10 years in a Manufacturing Production/NPI position for complex capital equipment including 6 years in leading and directing staff and projects.
- Experience in transitioning complex new products from R&D to volume production for large and complex instruments containing optics, precision mechanics, electronic control systems, fluidics, and robotics.
- Demonstrated leadership used to motivate multi-disciplined team while instilling teamwork within the departments and demonstrating key interpersonal skills.
- History of successful performance in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to make important decisions independently with limited key information, often under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to various audiences, particularly one-on-one coaching and feedback with direct reports and peers.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.