High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director, Manufacturing Engineering to join our team!
You are a talented, motivated, and experienced Director of Manufacturing Engineering that will lead our instrument manufacturing engineering team. You will drive new product introduction (NPI) activities during the transition from R&D to manufacturing. You will deploy, scale up, and support all equipment, vendors, partners, and activities related to volume production, focusing on quality and best in class customer experience. You will have the opportunity to shape the vision of our manufacturing strategy, and to play a pivotal role in worldwide market penetration in the field of genomics.
How You’ll Contribute
- As the director of manufacturing engineering, you will lead a team of engineers in defining, developing, documenting, training, deploying, and maintaining manufacturing and test methods for large and complex instruments.
- Lead the manufacturing engineering group to take fast evolving design from R&D with basic bill of material, assembly, test instructions and specifications, and will create very detailed bill of material, and work instructions under tight revision control, capturing device history records for each sub-assemblies, assemblies, and instruments.
- Lead the manufacturing engineering team to be the first line of defense for all technical sourcing, manufacturing, and test in support for suppliers, contract manufacturing partners, and in house system integration and final test activities as it partners and learns from R&D.
- Automate, collect, and organize parametric results to improve product specification margins, first pass yields, and other quality related measurements.
- Partner with R&D, supply chain, the manufacturing partners, the factory, QA/QC, regulatory, and finance to drive continuous improvements KPI (such as total landing cost, quality, reliability, and efficiency) while focusing on a premium customer experience.
- Provide technical, business and people leadership support to your engineering staff, including setting team goals, ensuring appropriate training and qualification, completing performance reviews, and establishing development plans, recruiting, resource planning, and succession planning.
- Collaborate with project management to ensure effective resource utilization, planning, and execution of projects that are in alignment with business objectives, and well aligned with ongoing product development from R&D.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in physics material, mechanical, electrical engineering, or in another discipline + relevant experience.
- Minimum of 10 years in a Manufacturing Engineering/NPI position for complex capital equipment including 6 years in leading and directing engineering staff and projects.
- Experience in transitioning complex new products from R&D to volume production for large and complex instruments containing optics, precision mechanics, electronic control systems, fluidics, and robotics.
- Demonstrated leadership used to motivate multi-disciplined engineering team while instilling teamwork within the departments and demonstrating key interpersonal skills.
- History of successful performance in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to make important decisions independently with limited key information, often under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to various audiences, particularly one-on-one coaching and feedback with direct reports and peers.
- Proven track record of hiring and developing talented engineering teams.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.