High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director, Facilities & Office Administration to join our team!
You are a talented, motivated, and experienced Director, Facilities & Office Administration that will lead, anticipate, plan deploy, and manage all our facility needs. As the company is growing rapidly, you will coordinate with each department heads to help them define their immediate and upcoming needs for space, equipment, and utilities. In collaboration with our leadership team, you will have the opportunity to shape the vision of our workspace strategy, and to play a pivotal role in worldwide market penetration in the field of genomics.
How You’ll Contribute
- Lead facilities and office administration at a biotech startup which includes labs and offices in multiple US locations.
- Lead the discussion with the various head of departments, helping them to plan and define their future needs, and you will coordinate and consolidate such requirements to for the facility roadmap.
- Overall management of day-to-day operations, budget, & construction projects. Lead facilities related project scope, specifications, request for proposals and quotation, contracting, project management, and execution.
- Lead lab expansion and repurposing efforts, and new office or new lab bring-up or relocation.
- First point of contact for building operations including but not limited to site emergencies, communications & employee requests/complaints to upper management, building property management office, daily building operations, management of vendor relations, ensuring a secure and safe environment at locations.
- Lead plans for new equipment installations including space planning, and all required services such as electrical, HVAC, clean room, DI water, compressed gases, etc.
- Manage the submission and follow-up of work orders to property management office for onsite facilities issues.
- Ensure relevant information from building property manager office be communicated to site employees in a prompt and effective fashion.
- Manage office administration function, such as onsite lunch orders, onsite visitors, COVID 19 company policy enforcement, onsite seating arrangements.
- Responsible for building security, alarm system, access control, safety and loss prevention for multiple locations. Oversee janitorial personnel through vendor relationships. Maintain compliant security policies and participate in on-site partner audits.
- Responsible for space planning, tracking, move coordination, and new hire space accommodations, coordinating with HR, IT and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for sound operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Become technical lead of facilitation needs for supporting Company products. Provide facilities related technical guidance to key customers.
- Manage technicians and contractors and direct the installation, relocation, removal, and repair of process or facility related equipment (fire/life/safety, air compressors, compressed gasses, water purification, etc.).
- Work closely with R&D Engineering, Finance/Accounting, HR, IT, EHS, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to ensure all infrastructure needs are met.
- Assist overseas facilities and operations matters when needed.
- Other ad hoc facilities and operations tasks as requested.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/electrical engineering or a bachelor’s degree in another discipline + relevant experience.
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in facility management role; 7+ years' experience in supervisory role.
- Experience installing and maintaining the facilities to support semi-conductor processing equipment; lithography, vacuum equipment, wet processing, clean rooms, etc.
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems drawings, datasheets, and other documentation.
- Strong business acumen, with strong understanding of manufacturing processes & relationship to overall business goals.
- Solid understanding of the technical theories that provide the basis of the lab equipment functionality.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations. Skilled in safe chemical handling procedures. Experience with the design, construction, and maintenance of ISO classified clean rooms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to write, communicate and develop presentations at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet required deadlines.
- Collaborative attitude and eagerness to work on a highly multi-disciplinary team.
- Skilled in use of MS Office computer applications.
- Skilled at reading and editing building drawings; proficient with 2D CAD programs (AutoCAD, DraftSight, etc.) and mush, 3D CAD (e.g. SolidWorks) a plus.
- Biotech, semi-conductor, pharma, or medical device company experience a must.
- PE/Engineering license a plus.
Physical Attributes Required
- Sitting, standing, walking and computer and/or phone use up to 8 hours/day.
- Physical ability to lift 25+ pounds, climb ladders, and stoop routinely.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.