High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Define and develop manufacturing methods and instructions to assemble, and test complex instruments as part of the new product introduction (NPI) team.
- Design, develop and produce tooling to facilitate the manufacturing process while improving the quality and consistency of the production.
- Lead continuous improvement, cost reduction, and outsourcing projects, in collaboration with R&D, Test Engineers, Supply Chain and Quality.
- Collaborate, train, and support internal and external (Contract Manufacture partners) build activities to ensure quality of products executed in a timely way.
- Participate in troubleshooting, problem solving, failure analysis, root cause, and corrective action processes as required.
- Evaluate reliability of the system and identify opportunity for improvements.
- Champion, coordinate and manage product changes (ECO & MCO) including decisions on material disposition, update work instructions and test requirements.
- Evaluate reliability, define spare part lists, build, test, and replacement procedures which can be used by field service engineers on customer sites, in collaboration with R&D and Field Services,
- Represent Manufacturing organization in the NPI process.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/physics/electrical engineering/industrial engineering or a bachelor’s degree in another discipline + relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing of complex optical assemblies.
- Knowledge of the fundamental’s in physics, mechanics, optics, electronics, and fluidics.
- Experience with imaging and/or optically probing biological systems.
- Experience in documentation of complex mechanical assembly procedures.
- Strong problem solving, validation and characterization skills; ability and willingness to adapt quickly to new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with mechanical and/or opto-mechanical components and assemblies in SolidWorks.
- Ability and willingness to learn all of the above through on the job training and/or self-study.
- Experience in fixture design using SolidWorks.
- Previous experience in managing extensive bill of materials (BOM) and interfacing with vendors for problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Collaborative attitude and eagerness to work on a highly multi-disciplinary team.