High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Production Manager to join our team!
You are a talented, motivated, and experienced Production Manager that will lead our instrument manufacturing team. You will focus on deadlines while ensuring quality is never compromised. You will have the opportunity to hire and lead a small team of talented technicians and engineers.
How You’ll Contribute
- Develop, resource, drive, maintain, and update the production schedule for each Instrument in production
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, and lead manufacturing technicians and engineers tasked to execute production tasks
- Establish the team's goals and development plans, and coach them along the way providing periodic feedback through performance reviews
- Use your manufacturing experience, in collaboration with the Manufacturing Engineering team, to encourage your team in identifying opportunities for Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and method improvements resulting in higher productivity, increased yields, and improving quality, while reducing cycle time and cost
- On a day-to-day basis, coordinate work order drops with planning, report any floor shortages to supply chain, assign resources to accomplish on-time tool production
- Being part of a dynamic environment with constant product changes, work with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure changes (product and procedure ECO’s) are coordinated, communicated, implemented, and completed per schedule while ensuring all personal remains up to date on their training
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience managing all phases of manufacturing (assembly, installation, bring up, troubleshooting, and test) of complex instruments
- 2+ years of managerial experience with a track record for hiring and developing successful technical teams
- History of successful performance in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to make important decisions independently with limited key information, often under pressure and tight deadlines
- Collaborative attitude and eagerness to grow and work on a highly multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing to team and company
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.