High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated HR Manager to join our team!
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in HR, with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures. The bulk of the role will involve running the day to day functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including onboarding/offboarding, administering compensation programs, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices, but there is great opportunity for developing and refining systems and processes.
How You’ll Contribute
- Manage day-to-day HR operations, such as employee on-boarding/off-boarding, compensation, company benefit programs, safety. Streamline the existing processes and implement new measures to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform compensation/benefit benchmark analysis and provide recommendations/strategy.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of affirmative action plan.
- Support the performance appraisal process of the Company’s global employee base.
- Lead transition for new HRIS/different PEO or bring benefits in-house if needed.
- Help develop and deliver training programs that are key in supporting achievement of business strategies through individual and group development sessions.
- Foster positive employer-employee relationship. Ensure that employee relation issues, including the investigation and resolution of employee complaints, are managed effectively and efficiently. Be able to bring up employee morale or performance observations/issues to the functional manager level and escalate it to the management team when needed.
- Develop, update and implement HR policies and procedures and ensure the company is in compliance with Federal, State and local employment laws & regulations.
- Be able to prepare management reporting with key HR metrics when requested.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or equivalent education and/or experience. HR certification is a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience
- Solid knowledge of local HR practices and principles, including applicable labor, pay, benefits, health, and safety laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills, hands-on, high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, resourcefully, and flexibly.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast pace and dynamic environment, able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Hands-on experience with compensation analysis is a plus.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.