High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Engineer to join our team!
Join us as a Product Engineer and learn our system from Manufacturing and Product Development to Commercial Rollout. We are looking for highly motivated new college graduates from engineering or core sciences programs to join us during our high growth period. Product Engineers will be rotated between Assembly and Manufacturing, Product and Process Development, and Commercial Support and Technology Transfer teams. Rotations will be dependent on company goals and needs. Over the first year of employment, Product Engineers should expect to spend months in each functional area and understand the strategies, risks, and commercial impacts. Anticipated start date of June 2021.
How You’ll Contribute
- Assembly and Manufacturing
- Develop pilot manufacturing strategies for current goals and future scaleup; including fixtures, automation testing, documentation authorship
- Track and manage System Configuration and Engineering Change Order processes
- Understand and troubleshoot the instrumentation hardware at a component, subsystem and system level.
- Product and Process Development
- Characterize performance of hardware modules and sub-components such as fluid handling and opto-mechanical systems
- Develop methods using the latest tools and techniques to collect and analyze data for optimization of hardware configurations and system processes
- Establish an understanding of module-module interactions. Quantify system performance and reliability
- Identify potential design improvements, runs tests to measure their impact and drive their adoption across various development teams
- Commercial Support and Technology Transfer
- Integrate research and development procedures to customer field units
- Develop Field Service documentation and rollout strategies
- Monitor and develop troubleshooting strategies to resolve customer issues
- Perform installation checklists, travel to customer sites to troubleshoot or upgrade field units at customer sites.
- Push the development and refinement of IQ/OQ/PQ and Preventative Maintenance procedures.
- Support the successful transfer of our technology to customer sites
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Entry Level. BS or MS in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Physics. Molecular Biology or Biology with a strong mechanical intuition and proven hands-on projects.
- Experience working in a biological lab or controlled environment
- Experience with Python or MATLAB
- Extremely motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- (Use or don't use periods at the end of bullets but be consistent)
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.