HomeFirst is the owner of affordable housing communities, Bridge, Emergency, and Interim Housing in Santa Clara County. We work to enrich the lives of our residents and employees while delivering our services cost‐effectively, efficiently, and with the highest levels of professionalism, compassion, integrity, and respect.
The HomeFirst Property Manager is responsible for the lease-up and operations of affordable housing communities for low-income families, individuals with special needs, veterans, and chronically homeless.
HomeFirst owned properties include a 56-unit complex in Santa Clara, a 10-unit complex in downtown San Jose, a 10-unit complex in South San Jose, and a 26-unit complex in San Martin. In addition, HomeFirst operates several interim housing complexes throughout Santa Clara County and the Property Manager may have to assist in managing these complexes.
The Property Manager is responsible for the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that ensure a well-managed, well-maintained building and ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and federal, state, and local laws.
- On-site manager – The property Manager will live on-site at one of the HomeFirst properties. lives on-site. Must oversee two other residential managers off-site.
- Lease up of rental properties.
- Assists in all aspects of operations and maintenance of properties.
- Ensures consistent application of property rules and regulations, lease documents, and reports of all lease violations.
- Process, complete, and maintain accurate resident files at move-in and at each recertification within established regulatory guidelines.
- Markets units in accordance with an approved marketing plan which considers all federal, state, local and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure resident selection program compliance-HUD, TCAC, AHF, PBV, etc.
- Schedule move-ins and prepare lease agreements and other related documents.
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports as assigned.
- Process resident program re-certifications and renewals in a timely manner.
- Any additional administrative, compliance, marketing, and lease-up duties assigned.
- Conduct recruiting, hiring, and termination process as well as training and evaluation of all staff.
- Ensures site staff responds to all resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Complete work orders and turnover of vacant units in a timely manner.
- The Property Manager will oversee the day-to-day property management functions so that owner's interests are protected.
- Prepare clear, accurate, and concise records and reports.
- Meet financial objectives with rent collection, forecasting, annual budget preparation, maintain an annual budget, analyze budgets, and needs, initiate corrections.
- Works with accounting department to deliver timely, accurate, and complete financial reports for all properties on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain stable occupancy and meet budgeted financial goals.
- Prepare reports on property performance, data summaries, trends.
- Respond to resident complaints, investigate concerns and requests and be a problem solver and enforce community rules in a timely manner.
- Complete daily property walks and details any items or areas that need to be replaced or repaired, for all common areas including landscaping, laundry, pool, signage, plumbing, locksmith, garages, windows, standpipe, fire escape, extinguishers, electric, deliveries, preventive maintenance, insurance inspections, etc. (as applicable).
- Ensures resident compliance with lease provisions; follows up on and reports lease violations and takes appropriate action; investigates unusual or suspicious occurrences; report regularly to supervisor on status of the building, program, staff, and residents.
- On-call for emergencies after hours 7 days a week
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years of experience in affordable housing and management is desirable.
- RPA, CRM certification, or California Real Estate Broker’s License highly desirable.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and be able to travel locally in Santa Clara County.
- Basic mathematical skills with proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, highly organized with the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to adapt to last-minute changes.
- Knowledge of Regulations, policies, and procedures for federal, state, and local housing laws.
- Handle client interactions with courtesy, tact, and sensitivity to the issues involved and defuse situations.
- Works effectively in a team environment and actively participates in joint problem solving; willingly cooperates with co-workers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
Benefits of joining the HomeFirst team:
- Professional growth opportunities within the organization
- 100% medical coverage for employees with an opportunity to add dependents at a shared cost
- 401k match up to 4%
- 12 observed Holidays
- Generous PTO, accrual begins with 120 hours annually and increase with tenure
- 4 hours of Community Engagement are provided annually
- Access to our Emergency Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Pet Insurance options are available
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.
HomeFirst Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Additionally, HomeFirst Services participates in the E-Verify program, as required by law.
HomeFirst Services is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.