Goodwill of Silicon Valley is hiring Retail Supervisors for our stores located at Mountain View, Prospect, Campbell, Almaden, Gilroy and Silver Creek.
If you have Retail Supervisor or Shift Lead experience - please apply!
- At the direction of the Senior Retail Manager and/or Retail Manager, provide work direction to store personnel during shifts.
- Be accountable for store cash funds when opening/closing the store without management supervision.
- Provide customer assistance, oversee cash register operation, sales/monetary transactions, and opening/closing procedures.
- Maintain positive customer and employee morale; reporting any problems/complaints immediately to the Senior Retail Manager or Retail Manager
- Assist with inventory, display, merchandising and placement of stock on sales floor, stock rotation and markdowns.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in all production processes including pricing, sorting and donor greeting.
- In the absence of the Senior Retail Manager and/or Retail Manager, must be able to conduct productive Store Huddles during shifts.
- Assist with organizing/straightening up or arranging merchandise and housekeeping tasks to ensure neat, clean and safe working environment.
- Become familiar with and use proper handling techniques and equipment to ensure safe handling of merchandise.
- Ensure all Store Policies and Store Operating Procedures are followed and utilized consistently by all store employees.
- Stay alert to possible damage, theft or potential safety hazards. Immediately report observations to Senior Retail Manager/Retail Manager or by notification sent to Corporate via email.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of prior Lead or Supervisory experience
- Must meet all qualifications for the Customer Service Representative
- Ability to back-up and assist the Retail Managers as requested.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, staff and the public.
- Ability to tactfully explain decisions or present information clearly.
- Ability to perform arithmetic, and count money/change quickly and accurately.
- Ability to learn and accurately perform opening/closing procedures, cash register operation, bank deposit procedure and related paperwork as it pertains to store operations.
- Ability to understand and accept directions and follow procedures.
- Ability to perform both repetitive and varied duties without loss of composure or efficiency.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.