High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Method optimization, incl. molecular biology and overall workflow, NGS library prep, nucleic acid amplification, development of imaging assays
- Independently executes various molecular biology assays and experiments
- Independently collects and analyzes data; communicates findings to scientific teams
- Spends most of their working hours in the lab (90% lab work, 10% desk work)
- Works in a multidisciplinary environment comprising biochemists, molecular biologists, and engineers to drive toward company goals
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS or MS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, biophysics, chemistry, or a closely related field.
- BS plus 3+ years or an MS plus 2+ years of hands-on experience working in a molbio wet lab environment post-graduation is a must.
- Proficient and comfortable with the safe use of common molecular biology lab equipment.
- Highly organized and has outstanding time/operation management abilities. Follows protocols and experimental instruction in greatest detail. Excellent communicator.
- Fast learner with a strong sense of urgency, a can-do attitude. Loves and thrives in a fast paced and demanding startup environment.
- Must adhere to company guidelines & policies, this includes safety, environmental, and COVID related matters.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge with microscopy is preferred.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.