GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION
Under general supervision, the Sales Assistant may act as receptionist; provide support services to the sales and marketing department of a retirement community including typing, word processing, and data entry of contracts, reports, resident data and correspondence with prospective residents. As a representative and team member of the company, this position is expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects professionalism and ensures resident satisfaction.
- Answer all incoming sales and marketing calls in a professional manner; may use a telephone console or switchboard; locate individuals, take messages if necessary; may receive or transmit faxes
- Screen initial inquiries to the department
- Set appointments and tours with prospective residents, guests and others
- Greet and give directions or information to residents, team members, visitors, guests and vendors
- Perform routine filing and general clerical duties; may type or word process correspondence, reports and other assignments for the department
- Type contracts for incoming residents and process applicant documents for financial approval
- Update weekly Apartment Availability Report and other inventory or resident statistical data as may be required.
- Perform word processing and lead tracking programs; processes resident application and financial screening based on computer-based programs
- Set up files for prospective resident tracking
- May keep records of telephone calls received, brochures sent and appointments made for staff
- Maintain and updates all mailing lists
- Track lead sources and completes reports on lead tracking as required
- May conduct move-ins coordination
- Meet with all depositors in a personal appointment to review the details of their residence
- Assist the depositor in making flooring and paint selections from the options provided as well as upgrade options and customization of apartment and costs associated with choices
- Prepare resident upgrade/customization order list and submit to corporate for review and approval
- Coordinate with Housekeeping and other resident services departments to assure readiness of apartment
- Coordinate apartment renovations; prioritizing work orders and outside contractors as required
- Greet new residents and families upon arrival; offer complimentary meals for resident and families; present new residents with welcome package; walk new residents through new apartment and around community and introduce to other department heads and team members
- Compile the Move-in Guide – a listing of reputable vendors with price lists and helpful hints for new residents to use as resource as they prepare for their move – i.e. moving truck rental, boxes and packing materials, transferring monthly services such as utilities, phone etc. Provide personal attention to those depositors who require help in making moving related decisions
- Proper and effective usage to time, resources, supplies and budgets.
- Respond to Resident/Client needs and requests promptly, appropriately and with respect at all times.
- Meet with new residents prior to move-in and begin process of planning the move, continue follow up with resident as needed.
- Visit with residents in their homes/apartment, assisting in furniture placement, measurements and other downsizing challenges
- Coordinate additional help during move including parking for the moving truck, padding for elevator and any other assistance needed to facilitate move-in
- Assist with the selection of carpeting, vinyl, and window treatments.
- Work with the residents design firm when necessary, complete and submit work orders for special requests.
- Conduct final walk-thru inspection for quality assurance.
- Provide useful information and extra orientation to those moving from out of the area.
- Follow up with residents throughout the first 2 weeks to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Ask for referrals for their friends and acquaintances.
- Attend in-service training and workshops and meetings as required. May require up to 5% travel
- Pursue job-related professional development
- Monitor own work performance and adjust; seek help as needed to fulfill job duties
- Protect confidential information of team members, residents, community, company and vendors
- May relieve receptionist/concierge as needed for breaks and lunch
- May maintain birthday and anniversary lists for residents and send greeting as appropriate
- Promote and protect the rights of each resident
- Conduct work tasks safely and according to the community safety program
- Show eagerness and flexibility completing other duties as assigned
- Perform various related essential duties as may be required by the director of sales and marketing or corporate office
- High school diploma or equivalent
(1) year of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities to perform essential functions of the position
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- First Aid and CPR certification through the American Red Cross ( May be obtained after hire)
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.