Do you enjoy working outdoors and care about the environment? Interested in working alongside public agencies to help repair and clean up storm damage done in public parks and infrastructure? Willing to work within crews, performing manual labor to clear trails, clean debris, cut brush and perform other required tasks? If so, this opportunity is for you!
• Earn $20/hour, no benefits
• Work up to 29 hours per week
• Temporary assignments up to 6 weeks
• Work sites in San Mateo County
• Perform a variety of heavy manual labor tasks associated with repairing winter damage from slides, cleaning catch basins, trimming and removing vegetation along roadways or trails, digging and clearing ditches, etc.
• At least 18 years of age
• Receiving unemployment (UI) OR exhausted UI in the last 6 months OR live in San Mateo County and unemployed at least 27 weeks
• Able to provide Right-to-Work documentation
• Possess valid California Class C driver license with good driving record and ability to maintain a County driving permit. (A DMV check will be conducted on applicants prior to appointment)
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 408-730-7643.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.