High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Buyer - Indirect to join our team!
As our Senior Buyer, you will join our supply chain team and be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. This person will manage all OPEX spend across all business’, develop and managing the relationship with our internal and external customers, negotiating with suppliers, create and tracking orders, and maintain good quality assurance for goods and services. The Senior Buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on company policy and best practices. This person will play an important role in the deployment and commercialization of technology and products that will have a major impact on the medical and life sciences fields!
How You’ll Contribute
- Ensure purchases comply with all purchasing policies and procedures and monitor ongoing purchasing processes and activities
- Manage and maintain supplier relationships, which will include project management, new product transitions, continuous improvement, and cost savings
- Ensure the funds are spent responsibility and in the best interest of the company, including engaging with business partners on critical business requirements for purchase request
- Perform best in class sourcing, leading sourcing negotiations, bidding processes and vendor management, providing RFx award analysis to management team
- Manages all functions related to indirect material purchase of equipment, supplies and services
- Maintain purchase information and records such as RFQ, RFP, PO’s, vendor files for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies
- Research, source, select, and purchase quality products and materials
- Process PO’s, monitor and track for on time delivery
- Develop min/max, Kanban, or any stocking programs for internal and external consumption to improve component availability and reduce cost and liabilities
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required
- Escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management
- Support both internal and external customers, be the go-to person for sourcing and purchasing activities, processes training, and relationship management
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in procurement with experience in multiple commodities, technical background is a plus
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and ability to drive closure on open issues with minimal supervision
- Has the ability to forge long term supplier relationships
- Exception interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects- prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in using PLM and ERP
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.