Established in 1980, with 40+ years of experience, HomeFirst Services (HFS) is the premier Silicon Valley provider of homelessness services. Every day, HomeFirst Services works to end homelessness by providing a full spectrum of services to help people find a home, improve their lives, and stay housed. HFS envisions a community in which everyone has a home.
HomeFirst Services serves more than 6,000 adults, veterans, families, and young adults each year at multiple locations from Gilroy to Menlo Park - all of Santa Clara County as well as southern San Mateo County.
For more information, please visit www.homefirstscc.org/
The Director of Development (DOD) will be responsible for managing fundraising activities including, building and maintaining a major gifts portfolio of individual giving prospects and donors, corporate donors and sponsors, and legacy gift donors. This fundraising generalist position works in close conjunction with the Chief Development Officer. The DOD occasionally serves as a visible spokesperson for the organization, and therefore must have exceptional communications skills. HomeFirst is a diverse company in a diverse field, and the Director of Development desires to work with people from a variety of social and economic backgrounds.
The position reports to the Chief Development Officer and is a vital member of the development team, including a marketing and communications director, a development associate, special events and strategy officer, and five community engagement/volunteer coordinating staff.
- Working with the COO, develop, maintain, and grow a portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects capable of giving $5,000 or more annually, including individual and family
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual major and legacy
- Work with the COO and marketing director to develop a marketing strategy for a legacy giving
- Maintain and grow a legacy giving
- Identify, cultivate, create a strategy, and solicit corporate sponsors and
- Work with the COO to support Board members and CEO with their major and legacy donor responsibilities, including crafting strategies for solicitations and accompanying them on solicitation calls as
- Working with special events and strategy officer, develop and implement cultivation, stewardship, and appreciation events as appropriate for major gifts, legacy gifts prospects, and
- Write and produce fundraising collateral as needed for
- Participate in conferences and training to remain abreast of best
- Interact with staff and other stakeholders to gain valuable perspectives on the organization, to be used in crafting proposals and creating donor
- Travel to various locations in the San Francisco Bay Area to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and
- Participate as a member of the Development team in planning and implementing fundraising and financial development goals and
- Create and present reports to COO, staff, management, and Board of Directors, as
- Responsible for modeling the values and principles of HomeFirst within the agency and the broader
- Actively fosters the growth of the development team to embody the values of HomeFirst and equip the team for further
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of all aspects of fundraising including major gifts, planned giving, corporate sponsorships, and nonprofit board work
- Experience creating and implementing a moves management system for all donors
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles and demonstrated experience running a legacy giving program
- Minimum five to seven years progressively challenging and demonstrated successful experience in major gifts and legacy giving fundraising with a focus on personal solicitation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, advanced degree or fundraising certification preferred (CFRE, CSPG, CFP, )
- High level of discretion and integrity
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, engaging interpersonal skills, high energy, and personal initiative
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs ),
- DonorPerfect proficiency preferred, wealth screening tools such as DonorSearch knowledge, helpful
- Budget management experience
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the San Francisco Bay Area
- Relentless commitment to ending homelessness via the principles of Housing First and Harm Reduction, demonstrating this commitment through thoughtful, strategic fundraising plan design and a scientific approach to performance improvement
- Participation in the continuous testing, analysis, and refinement of fundraising plans reflects a personal pursuit of excellence in all that they do
SALARY OR SALARY RANGE
The salary range for this position is $120,000 to $130,000 plus full benefits.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.