High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director, Assay Development to join our team!
As Director of Assay Development, you will be hands-on and direct the early-stage R&D assay development organization, responsible for scoping/down selecting productize able workflows, bringing our core technology to the next level. The ideal candidate has a strong background in molecular biology, risk assessment/mitigation, proof-of-concept and optimization work, team management, as well as a sharp product feasibility acumen.
How You’ll Contribute
- Serve as a key team member of the R&D leadership to push the boundary of our technology and accomplish the long-term objectives of the R&D organization.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the assay development organization, set priorities according to the department and company’s overall strategic plans and roadmaps.
- Define and execute of experimental plans and protocols, incl. risk mitigation. Document and report findings.
- Identify needed decisions and drives the decision-making process. Lead interdepartmental activities required to resolve gaps.
- Enable effective pathfinding, integration, and hand-off to later stage teams.
- Promote innovation and adherence to best practices for productization.
- Closely collaborate with product management, IP, engineering, and other R&D teams.
- Ensure a safe laboratory and work environment.
- Staff management and resource planning.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or equivalent science discipline.
- 10+ years of related industry experience, including early-stage R&D, preferably NGS related.
- 5+ years of management both project and staffing.
- Experienced in invention-to-product for complex/multidisciplinary workflows. Expert knowledge in DNA amplification, sequencing chemistries in solution and on surfaces.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communicate rapidly and effectively within the organization.
- Be a high energy, results-oriented leader with excellent collaboration and project management skills.
- Possess sound judgment, collaboration, and decision-making capabilities in R&D, technical, IP, and business areas.
- Built quality focused team(s) with a strong culture, respect for each other, flourishing on the individual level.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.