High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Field Service Engineer, SF Bay Area to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Provide on-site service, repair and/or installation of company instrumentation still under development
- Review technical reports and documents from customers. Analyze issues with technical staff to find root cause and communicate next steps and timelines to customers
- Maintain records of tool configurations pertaining to hardware, software, consumables, and application releases
- Manage customer interface with research and development groups. Maintain a working relationship with customers and instill confidence and credibility in our company and product
- Exceed customer expectations of service, support, and the product under development
- Summarize and communicate issues to development engineers for triage and participate in root cause analysis investigations
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS in science or engineering
- 1-5 years of relevant engineering or service experience
- Previous experience with field service
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly, server installations, and instrumentation troubleshooting
- Skilled at interpreting technical documentation and schematics (Electrical, Wiring, Fluidic, and mechanical drawings)
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Good people skills
- Talented at building prototypes from preliminary drawings and schematics
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Experience in biotech industry is a plus
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.