High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Associate, NGS Applications to join our team.
How You’ll Contribute
- NGS library prep and method optimization
- Development and testing of novel NGS applications
- Independently executes various molecular biology assays and experiments
- Independently collects and analyzes data; communicates findings to cross-functional scientific teams
- Spends most of their working hours in the lab (90% lab work, 10% desk work)
- Works in a multidisciplinary environment comprising biochemists, molecular biologists, and engineers to drive toward company goals
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS or MS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a closely related field, with relevant hands-on laboratory experience.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred. Relevant academic research experience will also be considered.
- Must be willing to adhere to company guidelines pertaining to maintaining a safe work environment during COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., social distancing, wearing a mask, shift schedules etc.)
- Must have proven hands-on experience working in a wet lab environment in a research or industry setting.
- Must be proficient and comfortable with the safe use of common molecular biology lab equipment
- Excellent communicator. Understands the differentiation and utilization of data driven deep dives and high-level summaries as well as goal setting.
- Highly organized and has outstanding time/operation management abilities.
- Fast learner with a strong sense of urgency, a can-do attitude, and motivational skill to get the best out of team and co-workers. Loves and thrives in a fast paced and demanding startup environment.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.