Overview: Geometrics, Inc., a world-leading developer and manufacturer of geophysical instruments and software is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Inspector who will be responsible for the incoming inspection of electronic, electromechanical and mechanical components. This position will inspect incoming parts with released drawings and associated documentation following industry standard inspection practices and using appropriate measurement tools as required. The position works closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Product Engineering to determine and confirm items have been manufactured and supplied by the vendor in accordance with all necessary technical requirements, tolerances and specific drawing notes. Initiate necessary corrective action process for non-conforming materials, then track, document and follow through the final resolution. Process conforming material to the stockroom. Recommend and implement process improvements to improve product quality and inspection efficiency. Communicate expectations and establish a good working relationship with all suppliers.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (some start time flexibility).
Incoming inspection of components (hardware and electrical), cable assemblies, PCB assemblies, machined and fabricated metal components.
- Identify and document any product quality problems using current revision, company documentation and established industry inspection standards.
- Coordinate MRB review process, lead weekly MRB meeting. Process disposition of non-conforming material as required.
- Review and establish specific requirements for incoming inspection of components and assemblies.
- Generate ECO’s as required, based on issues that arise from the inspection process.
- Work with Manufacturing and Product Engineering to incorporate specific inspection requirements into current product and NPI documentation.
- Work with suppliers to implement process changes required for product quality improvement.
- Communicate with suppliers and vendors either by phone, e-mail or in person to resolve product quality issues and provide feedback for Continuous Product Improvement.
- Generate and maintain relevant product inspection and quality documentation, reports and information as required.
- Record vendor performance data and periodically present related Vendor Performance Reports to management.
- Work from verbal and/or written instructions/directions.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned
Minimum Qualification: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Minimum five years experience in quality engineering and/or product or process inspection in a manufacturing or related environment including experience with SPC (statistical process analysis).
- Proficiency with inspection instrumentation related to electronic components and assemblies as well as electromechanical assemblies and mechanical components.
- Proficiency with engineering and other product documentation including prints, schematic and assembly drawings, with an understanding of all views presented including 2D and 3D images, bills of material and related documentation.
- Experience using the following tools: dial calipers, air gauge, thread pitch,
- Proficient with Manufacturing and Engineering software such as PLM and ERP systems.
- Proficient with Zoom, Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Teams, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work well with other technical and non-technical employees including; Engineers, Production Staff, Buyers, Stockroom and Receiving personnel.
- Ability to make, hear and feel incremental adjustments in equipment settings, effectively use equipment and tools required to conduct inspections.
- Vision abilities required include effective close vision, peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability routinely and safely move objects weighing up to thirty-five pounds.
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and applicable Quality Standards.
- Must be able to follow and explain detailed instructions and inspection procedures.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to communicate product or component deficiencies to supervisory or engineering personnel.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner using good verbal and written skills.
- Able to work from our Corporate Office in San Jose, CA full time.
The position description may be modified.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.